Help - For newbies - restore/recovery/backup etc

zimilaci

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
Hey There,

I am sure that this topic has been answered many times before, although I would like to ask this especially for the Microsoft Lumia 950 XL.

I am coming from ios/android.... hence I am quite surprised that I haven't found the appropriate menu item for these... at least for restore and recovery.

Can you please tell me in details what I should do -if I ever need to- restore my windows 10m device?

Thank you very much !!

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Hey There,

I am sure that this topic has been answered many times before, although I would like to ask this especially for the Microsoft Lumia 950 XL.

I am coming from ios/android.... hence I am quite surprised that I haven't found the appropriate menu item for these... at least for restore and recovery.

Can you please tell me in details what I should do -if I ever need to- restore my windows 10m device?

Thank you very much !!
Curiously, there is no restore option. To restore from your backup, you have to do a hard reset and then you must sign into your Microsoft account the backup was done under as part of the setup process. Then, and ONLY then, are you given the option of restoring a previous backup. You can't set the phone up without a MS account and then add it later and get the option to restore.

zimilaci

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
Curiously, there is no restore option. To restore from your backup, you have to do a hard reset and then you must sign into your Microsoft account the backup was done under as part of the setup process. Then, and ONLY then, are you given the option of restoring a previous backup. You can't set the phone up without a MS account and then add it later and get the option to restore.

it is a bit dumb, isn't it?

so restoring a backup it is then, but going back to factory default "empty" device is not possible?

Or before the setup exactly that state is saved?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon