Odd behavior in Windows 10 Mobile?

ChefFabrizio

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I've got a used 640 xl for about 1 week now, and try as I might. I can't seem to get the Extra's menu under settings to populate. I've got no entry for Audio, Display, Motion, etc. In fact I get only Device Hub, Extra and Network Services

Anyone have a suggestion on what to do to get the full Extra menu Population. I have no access to the Glance screen. Or any of the other goodies of the Extra menu items.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Did you do a hard reset after upgrading from 8.1 to W10M? I you upgraded from 8.1 a hard reset is suggested. That helped here to get missing Extras working. Both our 640XL have all the functions working under Extras. Some of them didn't even work with hard reset on previous builds. However, that got mostly resolved on the latest build (10586).

good luck

ChefFabrizio

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Yes I have hard reset a dozen times. But no luck. My wife's is just find and dandy. Mine is not so lucky.

I've reset the phone with rollback tool. And will reset it, again.
But even on Windows Phone 8, glance never showed up, on last rollback.

Could there be a hardware issue?

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
yeah, strange. Same phone as your wife's it should act the same. A hard reset with rollback should eliminate all the issues related to corrupted image etc.

When you upgrade are you restoring from a backup? That could be the last thing that can cause issues. Odd settings from a backup may be causing problems. If you've done a rollback, hard reset and start without restoring from a backup and you still see that problem I'd suspect a hardware problem too.

good luck

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb