Lumia wakes up regularly when the charger is plugged in

tschmi1988

Dec 5, 2015
Visit site
Hi,
I have a question about an problem on my new Lumia 950. I have noticed the following:

When I put the charger into the phone and don?t put the other site of the charger into the wall socket the Lumia wakes up regularly: Windows Hello seach me and a noise appears. After some seconds the Lumia goes into the sleep mode und after additional seconds the process starts again.

Do you have an solution for this problem? And please don?t recommend me, that I should not plug in the cable ;)

Thanks, regards

HOTDAWG

May 13, 2013
Visit site
I noticed this as well, it would wake me up in the night when the screen comes on. I turned off Hello to save battery, and it seems to have fixed this issue as well.

ETA: This happens when my phone is on a Qi charger. I just reread and understood your situation. Why would you only leave the cable in the phone?

tschmi1988

Dec 5, 2015
Visit site
I have a AC outlet which can be turn on by a switch or by wireless home automation. If I forget to switch the AC outlet the phone battery is empty.

Rune Christiansen

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
I have this problem too.
I put the phone on my qi charger when I go to sleep and it stops charging at 100%, when it then goes below some threshold it starts charging again, lighting up the screen and Hello, and the whole room until it times out. It does this all night, really annoying.

There should really be a simple setting to turn this behavior off(screen turning on), but I don't think it's there.

npoe

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Mine doesn't do that when it is done charging in the DT-910 and I think doesn't do it on the DT-900 (I haven't notice yet).

Can you try covering with something the light sensor? It might help.

ace_dxb

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I face this problem too and it is really annoying!

1) Every time I place the phone on the Fatboy Wireless Charger (DT-910) - It keep's triggering "Windows Hello" and on some nights so often that the battery goes down to 75% despite being on the charger all night, suggesting that it had been switching on multiple number of times.

2) The very same thing happens even when connected to the charger cable (wall socket) and it is so annoying.

Another thing, I have noticed is that even if the Type-C is plugged on the phone side, without being connected to the wall socket or switched ON, the battery indicator shows that it is still charging. Isn't that weird!

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
There is a solution that works to at least stop it bleeping, and to be honest I haven't lost any sleep with the light coming on so it may work and that is to use quiet hours.

Nothing to lose by trying it and the alarm clock still works in the morning.

Sri Ramoz

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Guys, I think it's a feature that I always wanted on phone. I mean, the phone beeps if you just plug in the charger and you forget to trigger the power switch ON. Only thing that could have been better is an appropriate message!:cool::winktongue:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro