lumia 950 and not uploading photos to onedrive

robert peake

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
checked the settings and it showing that the photos should be be automatically uploaded to onedrive but thats not happening, not sure if ive overlooked a setting

tkuhe

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I am having some issues where not all photos are being uploaded. Also I am not seeing any of my videos uploaded.
All are being stored on an sd card.
Last issue, when I try and email a pic from my phone it takes FOREVER.

robert peake

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
I am having some issues where not all photos are being uploaded. Also I am not seeing any of my videos uploaded.
All are being stored on an sd card.
Last issue, when I try and email a pic from my phone it takes FOREVER.

yeah had the email issue too, to many problems to be honest, it just doesnt work like 8.1 if im honest and feel a bit fed up with it. i had the worse case today my mate with iphone was taking the mick because i went to take a pic and my phone rebooted... it was my daughters birthday and he wa like here, let em take it for you, ive always hated iphone but put my 950 up on ebay i it sells im going to get a iphone 6 for a bit and then wait out the OS a bit. im sure it will be great but im travelling next week and seriously worried the phone wont see me through the day,

northernpipeman

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
checked the settings and it showing that the photos should be be automatically uploaded to onedrive but thats not happening, not sure if ive overlooked a setting

Hello - I hope you have already sorted this, but if not I think it is a real easy fix. Set the Onedrive app to run in the background, then log out, and log back in and sync. 'Hopefully' it will then upload any photos it finds.

It took me a while to work out, since I was used to the tight integration of WP8.1 rather than the app-based world of W10M!

northernpipeman

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Hello - my apologies if this posts twice.

I have just spent too long trying to fix this on my L950 after I realized nothing backed up for th epast month! Just set OneDrive app to run in the background, open the app, log out, log in and sync. Hopefully it then upload everything it finds on your phone.

Welcome to the ridiculous world of poorly integrated app-based W10M!

robert peake

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
i'll try that, to be honest i just gave up. i was actually looking at a iphone lol. but im sticking with the lumia for now i'll try what you suggested see if i can get that to work.

thanks

northernpipeman

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
i'll try that, to be honest i just gave up. i was actually looking at a iphone lol. but im sticking with the lumia for now i'll try what you suggested see if i can get that to work.

thanks

Good luck, and don't give up too quick on W10M! This worked fine in WP8.1, but it is now really stupid having to alter multiple background settings and login/logout to make a simple feature work properly.

somethingbrite

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site
I can upload photo's to OneDrive from my Lumia 950.

Manually
One at a time

because even if i select multiple photo's....it only actually uploads one.

srsly....

mr_vpw

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
Like others have reported, amongst the considerable number of problems with the Lumia 950xl and Windows Phone 10 in general, my device regularly just doesn't bother uploading all photos with absolutely no explanation of why. I don't use Wi-Fi as a general rule, I allow uploads on metered connections and whilst in theory I thought that 10 should improve on the 8.1 experience by actually letting me use my data connection to upload the photos in best quality if I prefer, it instead just doesn't bother uploading all photos. That said, I've tried using Wi-Fi for a day tethered to another phone (as I did before, see below) and still same issue.

I regularly take 30-50+ photos in the space of an hour when at a clients premises, and while I used the Lumia 1020, I never had a problem, it just worked, although I ended up tethering the phone to my other phone because of the annoying restriction on using my data connection as I see fit.

It's beyond annoying, one of the main reasons I got the 950xl to replace the 1020 was about imaging, and specifically the ease of taking photos and having them pushed up into OneDrive.

I'm not far from returning the device as unfit for purpose and frankly not ready. It is so badly littered with bugs and annoyances, that my entire belief in the Windows Phone ecosystem has gone. I've wasted too much time with Microsoft and its half baked platforms now.

robert peake

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Like others have reported, amongst the considerable number of problems with the Lumia 950xl and Windows Phone 10 in general, my device regularly just doesn't bother uploading all photos with absolutely no explanation of why. I don't use Wi-Fi as a general rule, I allow uploads on metered connections and whilst in theory I thought that 10 should improve on the 8.1 experience by actually letting me use my data connection to upload the photos in best quality if I prefer, it instead just doesn't bother uploading all photos. That said, I've tried using Wi-Fi for a day tethered to another phone (as I did before, see below) and still same issue.

I regularly take 30-50+ photos in the space of an hour when at a clients premises, and while I used the Lumia 1020, I never had a problem, it just worked, although I ended up tethering the phone to my other phone because of the annoying restriction on using my data connection as I see fit.

It's beyond annoying, one of the main reasons I got the 950xl to replace the 1020 was about imaging, and specifically the ease of taking photos and having them pushed up into OneDrive.

I'm not far from returning the device as unfit for purpose and frankly not ready. It is so badly littered with bugs and annoyances, that my entire belief in the Windows Phone ecosystem has gone. I've wasted too much time with Microsoft and its half baked platforms now.

i'm feeling your pain, ive just updated to .71 software and its crap. if you havent dont bother you will get even further annoyed with the phone. im looking at samsung s6 and the iphone... i dont want to but i dont i cant keep keep making excuses for it.

Shkupjani

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
Comparing tn Windows 8.1 I think it is missing the option of uploading photos using only Wifi.

Or maybe I am wrong. Please correct me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel