How do I stop the Edge Browser from opening multiple tabs?

filmalive

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
How to stop Edge Browser from opening multiple tabs

I have recently acquired a Microsoft Lumia 950XL, I have noticed when accessing links from Facebook, etc which open a page in Edge each link opens a new browser tab, so before you know it you could have a number of tabs open.

In Windows Phone 8.1 you could tell IE not to open new tabs, yet i cannot find the option for this in Edge. Could anyone point me in the right direction?

Vlatko Stojanovski

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
Re: How to stop Edge Browser from opening multiple tabs

Unfortunately I don't think that such an option exists in WM10 Edge (build 10586).

However when you have too many tabs, you can close them easily by going into tabs and selecting "close all tabs".

This however literally means all tabs, so if you want to keep some of them open, tough luck :(

TennisGuy45

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site

Edge is the biggest POS browser I have seen so far. That is saying a lot considering how bad IE already was.

peashooter14

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site

Unfortunately I don't think that such an option exists in WM10 Edge (build 10586).

However when you have too many tabs, you can close them easily by going into tabs and selecting "close all tabs".

This however literally means all tabs, so if you want to keep some of them open, tough luck :(

The close all tabs doesn't work, it closes around half of them. You have to do it multiple times. They should only open 5-10 windows no need for a million, it clearly slows it down.

Vlatko Stojanovski

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site

The close all tabs doesn't work, it closes around half of them. You have to do it multiple times. They should only open 5-10 windows no need for a million, it clearly slows it down.

Apparently I am OCD about too many tabs, never had so many (personal max:20) to experience that. In my case it always closes all. I am guessing there is a "magic" number after which it doesn't close all.

Anyway, I agree that it should close older ones after a number that can be set in settings, since some might want more than 10 saved in background.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon