AUSTRALIANS: Lumia 950 XL/ Lumia 950 Waiting Game/ 1st Impression/ Review/ roblems

the-scotsman

Dec 16, 2015
Visit site
Apps in the background don't run anyway, they're just held in memory. They shouldn't cause any issues. Maybe you should submit feedback in the app about it.

zei20t

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
Yes tried that closing apps manually, but still some recent apps continue to run in background and have to close them using the old Windows 8 trick of pressing the back button multiple times until everything closes. I think I got this problem after the .29 update!

last night i was using my wifes 1520, this happened. i understand now.

they dont appear when you hold the back key. but pressing it continually will bring them to the foreground. then you can hold the back key and end them - but one at a time only.

its probably a bug, and i suggest you add feedback, which i will do over the christmas break

cdayo

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Anyone getting that new firmware update MICROSOFTMDG yet? I'm on .36 Insider and I haven't yet received it. As far as I can see, I think BECAUSE I'm on .36 Insider, I'm not getting it, whereas those who are non-insiders are. I did read in comments on the article on windowscentral some people in Australia both on Optus and outright phones are getting this update already... :(

seaquest_amd

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Anyone getting that new firmware update MICROSOFTMDG yet? I'm on .36 Insider and I haven't yet received it. As far as I can see, I think BECAUSE I'm on .36 Insider, I'm not getting it, whereas those who are non-insiders are. I did read in comments on the article on windowscentral some people in Australia both on Optus and outright phones are getting this update already... :(

I am on an Optus 950 XL and running Insider Build 36 and I am yet to get the new firmware update as well :(

zei20t

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
my phone on .36 didnt get the update. my mates optus 950XL on .29 DID get it.

im guessing .36 updates are excluded for some reason.

ronaldme

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
What I meant was if you close any app, it stills run in the background, like the old Lumia's with Windows 8 when you had to press the back button multiple times to close everything thats running.

The multitasking screen only show like 8 apps, but the system can store more apps on the background. Don't worry about it, the bg apps are not using cpu at all.

indianarash7

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Don't worry all those who have not yet received as it has not made an visible change to my mobile, battery still the same, background apps still running.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12