950 - Your Carphone Warehouse Experience

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, want to know what experience you've had so far with Carphone Warehouse over the Lumia 950 since it is now available in the UK. Went in today, got to try some dummy units (found the XL too big for me), but there were no live units since they didn't have the USB C cables for them. Oops! However there was a Microsoft Ambassador that was singing the praises as much as he could and seemed genuinely excited by them. He talked to me about continuum and how useful he'd found it, etc. Told me to come back next week when he's got his 950 and he'll show me around it. This was in the Leeds Briggate store.

So what has been your experience and in what store?

grezmel

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Just got back from my local CPW and they had the 950 in stock (but not on display). The sales chap got one out of the back for me and I had a quick wander round the shop taking a few pics with it etc. Must admit I was thinking that I would prefer the XL as I currently have a LG G4 and prefer the slightly bigger screen. They also said that they will be getting the XL in tomorrow so may pick one up, but I dont think they do the free Continuum with the 950 XL which is a bit of a downer.

I was also wondering how long it would be before they drop the price and whether to hold off for a bit.

MattLFC

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
In my most local store (New Chester Road, the most pointless location ever, the footfall must be stupidly low), they had both the 950 and XL demo units last week, but no stock. The young girl didn't know much about them, but was helpful at least. Wasn't overly enthusiast but seemed the submissive type! Lol. I think she will move on to bigger and better things sometime soon, as I doubt upselling is in her nature.

In one of my two other local stores, Bromborough (big retail park, located within a currys/pc world) they had a demo unit of the XL available, but no stock. The guy said he had been on a training programme and the phone was "pretty incredible". Fair play!

In the other local store (Birkenhead shopping centre, literally in the centre of town), they have no demo units at all, and no stock. They staff also have no knowledge of the phones. They have the 535 and 640 in, but not a hint of the x50 series. Pretty appalling if you ask me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2