How can I rollback from 10 Preview to 8.1 on Lumia 1020?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Rollback from 10 Preview to 8.1 on Lumia 1020

hello, i really need to roll back to windows 8.1 from windows 10 on a Lumia 1020

I downloaded the recovery tool from MS site but when i click on my device i get the message package not available for this device.

I've seen a thread where a MS guy asked to download and reinstall again. I did that even tried from another notebook but still same issue.

Both notebooks are running on W7 Pro 64. I read about people who tried Nokia Recovery tool but the files seems to come 3rd parties and does not seem to be a legitimate one.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: Rollback from 10 Preview to 8.1 on Lumia 1020

hello, i really need to roll back to windows 8.1 from windows 10 on a Lumia 1020

I downloaded the recovery tool from MS site but when i click on my device i get the message package not available for this device.

I've seen a thread where a MS guy asked to download and reinstall again. I did that even tried from another notebook but still same issue.

Both notebooks are running on W7 Pro 64. I read about people who tried Nokia Recovery tool but the files seems to come 3rd parties and does not seem to be a legitimate one.

Nokia software updater is the last option. Get the tool and use it. You'll be okay

goble

Dec 8, 2015
Visit site

Hello,

Thanks for replying.
Nokia recovery is saying:
Phone not supported. This model is not supported by Nokia Software Recovery Tool. For Windows phone you need to use windows device recovery tool.

goble

Dec 8, 2015
Visit site

Hello,

I've tried 'Nokia software updater', after installation I'm getting nokia.png.

P.S. Phone is being detected by PC since I can browse the phone in explorer.

mark233

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
A hard reset will not take it back to 8.1.
Try this: Go ahead and hard reset your phone. Once the phone has completed don't go thru the process of setting it up as one usually does. Then plug it in the WDRT or the Nokia Recovery suite to see if it works. If it does, great! If not, go ahead and set up the newly reset phone and use the 'Don't Restore' option during setup. After that completes, try again with the recovery suites. No luck still? Uninstall the recovery suites, restart your computer, reinstall the suites ---- actually I would do this first before doing anything now that I think of it.

If you still have the issues after all that I really don't know what else can be done. There may be someone who's more knowledgeable will be able to guide you on a process. Good luck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans