Windows Insider Not Finding Update: Lumia 950 Dual SIM Unlocked

YKinase

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I've been following tweets and messages on this board to try and find a solution for why I cannot update to the latest insider build. My experience, as well as several others, has been:

Select Fast Ring in Insiders app
Prompted to restart phone
Search for update -> device is up to date
Go back to Insiders app. Select About: Registered for Fast Ring
Select Fast Ring again, Reboot, repeat

The only solution I've read is a hard reset, reinstall Windows Insider and then it will pick up the latest build.

I'm wondering how common this is and whether Microsoft will fix the problem. Has anyone with a 950 Dual SIM Unlocked US phone been able to update?

chchaheh

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, I have had the same experience as you. I tried adding the phone to the fast ring multiple time with no update love. I really don't want to do a hard reset at this point.

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
There's a few threads about this, all with the same comments. I've tweeted Gabe and a few others but no response. Quite a few 950/XL users are experiencing this.

robert peake

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
once you have installed the update dont you have to go to settings - update & security - phone update and then it installs the update.

i downloaded and installed the update this evening on my dual sim, and can confirm that the software is showing ending .59. im based in the UK. i did checked the store for checking on updates on the apps and outlook mail and calculator were the two downloads showing there were updates.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon