Getting 10586.29 Update

zimilaci

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
Is it a hardware defect? As I don't see other users complaining about it.

Well I must admit, I totally mixed the forums :)

I have a 950XL which indeed has this problem. As I noticed it - just for info - It happens when I receive a Voice Message in Whatsapp. In this special case the Audio is not played back within Whatsapp but through Movies app and then I guess it does not really closes. After this after I lock the device I hear this popping noise from time to time, but only when the device is locked. Hence I am guessing its "only" a Software error.

Anyway sorry for flooding this forum :) and thanks for reading this :)

RiccardoPastena

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site
Hello. did the update this night after having the 950xl hard reset. ( The only known workaround to get this update ).

Finally cortana speech definition download works outside US.
Poppy sound form the speaker is not yet solved, not botherin me much but better to have it fixed sooner or later.

zimilaci

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
To be honest I am not sure how to do the hard reset...

I mean I turned off the device, then start then immediately volume down... exclamation mark showed, and then I plugged in... after this, normal restart...

forget it, just started :D forgot the 4 key kombos

treeflip7

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
Got mine. Lots of improvements. This feels more polished. Also, a few important updates came through, namely a huge update for mail & calendar that allows for linked mailboxes, along with other improvements.

Battery life still sucks.

i_hiker

Nov 23, 2015
Visit site
Not an insider and forced the update after reading about it on WC. Process was smooth and took about 45 minutes...start to finish. Glad to have the linked inbox feature.

I've always been a Blackberry Smartphone user, did not want an Android/Priv, and really pleased with my experience on the L950. Switched one of my VZW numbers to ATT just to get it on the 20th. I'm really impressed with how responsive MS has been with getting the OS up to speed. Really glad I chose this device and even happier with the performance as I'm not experiencing the issues others are reporting. I see an unlocked XL in my future.

Oxmo

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
How do you forced the update?
My phone have the update going in the background for 3 hours now, after I did a soft restart. And it have not dowloaded eny thing yet. stil at 0% download. I have tryed reatarting and soft restart.

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
My install seemed to be making little progress initially, but in the end it took under an hour to complete. This update seems to have fixed the Bluetooth issue with my Band and I can link inboxes again. So I'm happy about that.

I do still have some other issues. The display goes back to full brightness after a restart. I continue to get warnings that I'm near my data limit when I'm not. It seems to be including WiFi activity in the total.

I also still have that non-functional Help+Tips tile in my app list that I can't remove. I'm considering resetting the phone just for that, but I don't want to lose my progress in a few games.

bigskytool

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I got the dual SIM 950XL yesterday and still no update available. I have checked throughout the day today and it keeps saying I am up to date.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
To be honest I am not sure how to do the hard reset...

I mean I turned off the device, then start then immediately volume down... exclamation mark showed, and then I plugged in... after this, normal restart...

forget it, just started :D forgot the 4 key kombos

Ooh you just go to system> about and hit reset

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I've been showing the update for 2 days now, but I can't finish the update process on my 928. It stops at several places. Stuck at 27% downloading right now, which has happened several times. I've received error 0x80091007 several times. Twice I've gotten past "downloading" only to get stuck on "preparing to install" where it fails and provides an error. I tried several times yesterday and even more times today. Hope it can finish sometime soon...

travisel

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
I did a backup first! My Lumia 950 XL

I didn't receive any 10586.29 update till I did a hard reset! Then stopped all downloads, then update worked fine and once done.....so awesome 🙆

So far 10586.29 update is fantastic!

-fixed some WiFi bug
-fixed some microSDXC card support bugs'
-fixed battery life
-less hot at least for me!
-faster load times

It's not perfect but very good first start!

Enjoy!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb