Getting 10586.29 Update

DjeTe

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Got the update, but unable to install. Says I don't have enough space all though I have like 23GB free. Anyone else. 950

Thomas Ferenczi

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I was hoping that my Lumia 950 would want me to upgrade too after reading so much about people upgrading but so far here in Sweden no upgrade to be found. Unless my phone upgraded without me noticing it?

rickliev

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Stock dual SIM 950 here -- no update yet. Using US ATT SIM and last checked a few mins ago. Guess they're releasing in waves.

John M Beauchemin

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
My update was sitting at 0% all day yesterday. Last night when I went to bed, I noticed it had failed, so I re-started it. It was then sitting at 0% again for about 30min. I left it alone and went to sleep. It was updated when I woke up this morning. US AT&T 950. I didn't have to do anything funky like resetting my phone to get it to see the update. MS does typically do staggered rollouts for updates to try and take the strain off of their servers.

MartasV

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
My Lumia 635 received this 10586.29 update on Wednesday evening. It was running 10166, it wasn't in the insider program (!), Czech T-Mobile. First attempt to download failed, second was OK, downloading was showing 0% all the time. Then it updated also about 30 apps + processes. It runs smoothly even w/o HR, no problems.

Last edited:

KrisYYC

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Still no update for me either. Unlocked 950 Dual SIM. Maybe updates are paused until MS sorts out the issues with some updates not downloading/installing etc?

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Well, I've been showing the update for days and trying to update with no success. It always fails. Today I tried and it's not showing any update. Wonder if MS did pull it to sort things out.

JohnStrk

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Same for me on my L830. The update was showing for days and would never finish downloading or installing. Now it's gone. I don't have Insider Preview installed or rejoined fast ring after a hard reset of W10M. So at this point I'll just wait for the next big Insider build or official OTA release. Phone is running good and don't feel like hard resetting and starting over.

alphaswift

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site
Unlocked 950 in Canada here. The availability of this update has not even shown up yet. Kind of annoyed Microsoft can't provide something better to us than "we're working on it".

travisel

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
10586.29 in Canada

Unlocked 950 in Canada here. The availability of this update has not even shown up yet. Kind of annoyed Microsoft can't provide something better to us than "we're working on it".

I live in Canada and bought my new Lumia 950 XL from MS Store and did not received any update so did an hard reset bam there it was!

-Do a backup first!
-Then hard reset!
-Update Win10M 10586.29 update
-download your phone backup

Took me about 45 minutes for the hole process.

I'm using TELUS Mobility now under 10586.29 update working fantastic so far..... .29 it's not perfect but a very good start!

I can't wait to see how Optimized our phones will be in Win10.1M Redstone next August.

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
And a new firmware is on its way (14th of Dec for France (server upload), available a couple of days later).

I got .29 last Friday (after a HR), all is good.

William Sanderson

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site
I did get the update using the Insider app after doing a hard reset. After hard reset, added my account and did a restore of data, then I ran the store updates, then opened the Insider app and chose fast ring...update downloaded and installed!
Update is running very well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786