Getting 10586.29 Update

BaritoneGuy

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
I did get the update using the Insider app after doing a hard reset. After hard reset, added my account and did a restore of data, then I ran the store updates, then opened the Insider app and chose fast ring...update downloaded and installed!
Update is running very well.

You should not need to use the insider app to get .29. After I did my hard reset it was there without any insider stuff.

William Sanderson

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site
"You should not need to use the insider app to get .29. After I did my hard reset it was there without any insider stuff. "

Man, After the reset I did try to get the update through the system panel update check. No go. I see in the Microsoft forum that the update has been pulled until a fix is applied. Still available to Insiders for install.

HotFix

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
"You should not need to use the insider app to get .29. After I did my hard reset it was there without any insider stuff. "

Man, After the reset I did try to get the update through the system panel update check. No go. I see in the Microsoft forum that the update has been pulled until a fix is applied. Still available to Insiders for install.
Not saying I doubt you, but do you happen to have a link to the statement that it's been pulled? I would like to see what their exact words were.

obakir

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
I gave up, doing a hard reset to get the update. iris scan got messed up. I says login failed even before turning on the IR camera. Why is this phone less stable than 8.1?? It really does not feel like an upgrade from lumia 930 running 8.1 :/

JohnStrk

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Finally got the 10586.29 update today on my L830. I decided to install Windows Insider again and rejoin the fast ring for the 1st time since updating to W10 almost 2 weeks ago. Restarted, checked for updates, and then installed the update. Took about 40 minutes. No reset needed and everything is going good so far. :smile:

douggrif

Apr 29, 2009
Visit site
I have a 950XL dual sim phone. I am enrolled in the fast track insider plan. I have uninstalled the app and reinstalled multiple times and still the phone is not offered any .29 or now .36 updates. Have heard nothing more but am still hopeful Microsoft will solve. I would rather not reset the phone, but if I have to I want to make sure that will fix the problem.

Prathameshk

May 31, 2014
Visit site
I have a 950XL dual sim phone. I am enrolled in the fast track insider plan. I have uninstalled the app and reinstalled multiple times and still the phone is not offered any .29 or now .36 updates. Have heard nothing more but am still hopeful Microsoft will solve. I would rather not reset the phone, but if I have to I want to make sure that will fix the problem.

Same condition with my 950...and i agree with u that it should solve the problem after resetting it...

KrisYYC

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Well my phone started downloading the .29 update unbeknownst to me. I assumed it would have notified me that an update was available before trying to download it. My phone started getting really warm so I shut it down not knowing it was downloading the update. After letting it cool down for a few mins I powered it back on and got a "low storage" warning even though I have over 20GB free on the device. Then I checked for an update and to my surprise it was downloading but now stuck at 30%

I think shutting the phone down caused it to get stuck. But I had no idea the phone was downloading an update. There should definitely be some kind of notification beforehand!

c0br4

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
I got the update tonight, after I did not see the update since it was released. Phone is Lumia 950 not enrolled to Insider Preview.

KrisYYC

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Update to my previous post. The update finally resumed downloading however it took forever (several hours) to download.

Magnificus

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
After patiently waiting since the release of .29 my 950 XL has now finally received it. :)
It has finishend downloading the .29 updated and has just rebooted to continue the installation. (Not enrolled into Insider Preview for phone.)

Kydix

Dec 20, 2015
Visit site
I waited because I didn't do hard reset, yesterday morning my 950 get .29 update but update stuck at 0%, warning storage appear and my phone became hot.

Forced to make HR. Thanks Microsoft :(

William Sanderson

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site
sorry, I have been away Hotfix. The .29 release is out for both Insiders and regular Windows 10 Mobile users now.
If you do a hard reset and go with a standard update you should get the update.
The statement appeared in WMPoweruser and I did not save the link...I apologize.

jayramphone

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
I had already updated to .29 and yet I got another update last night... I am not on the insider programme...
I thought maybe it was the next update but when I checked the phone details I am still on .29..
Was there some form of additional .29 update pushed out?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos