Problems connecting to the internet on Three Network

Ben_Dunning

Dec 8, 2015
Visit site
First of all hello to everyone. I have just received my new unlocked 950XL and I'm on the Three network with 4gb of hotspot data. I had to enter the internet apn myself. Whenever I try and use edge I get an error saying that I am trying to use my phone as a personal hotspot.

wp_ss_20151208_0001 [310915].jpg

Is this due to a setting on my phone or a problem at their end?

Randomly I can tether my old iphone to my 950 xl and that can access the internet fine.

Any help would be great
Thanks Ben

shinji81

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
I am on the same situation. I am abroad and three claims that I am tethering when I try to use my mobile data. Of course all the settings for the WiFi Hotspot are off on my 950XL! It is so annoying. Have you fixed it somehow?
Thanks.

original.woodster

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
I used to have the same problem sporadically on my Lumia 925. I could never get round as to what was causing it, but it seemed to be that if I was on WiFi then went on mobile data, the phone would display the same issue. normally restarting the phone helped, for a while.

This doesn't sound promising as I have just signed up with Three at the weekend for their high data, low minutes deals. ?16 a month for 4gb data and 600 mins.

perhaps a phone call to Three will allow them to fix this?

mathewhayward

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I went to Finland last weekend and had this exact problem. I phoned Three when I was over there and they didn't have a clue what I was on about. I just put up with it until I got back to the UK.

bells0

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
No worries with internet on mine. Only reason i'm sticking with 3 is their data abroad benefit, so hope this doesn't get affected when i go away - was very useful on my jollies this year with my Lumia930.

3 inside buildings is pretty useless which is making me want to change - but i have an old monthly rolling sim for ?12.90 a month that gives me unlimited data + 200 hours talk and 5k texts.

shinji81

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
I contacted 3 uk, three times and after a phone reset that they asked me to do (I told them that it was pointless doing it and I was right), they finally escalated the issue to their IT department. I told them that they have to update their db in order to not co sider the 950xl as a tablet or a pc but as a phone! They will contact me in 72 hours.

1st_Raven

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm on three but not had any alerts through. I do have 1gb of tethering on my account but unlimited data otherwise so I hope they dont confuse the two.

atrsh

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
When I first got my 950 XL, I just visited Three store, requested for a nano sim replacement, popped it in the phone and within minutes I was able to use it straight away. I didn't even bother to take out the micro sim in my 925 which I also had that time, or even tinker with any settings in the phone. Tethering the phone with my macbook was also not a problem. I hope your problem has been fixed by now.

shinji81

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
I didn't have those problems using my mobile data in the uk either. I am having problems in using it abroad where 3 claims that I am tethering while of course I am not.

tweedie

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I just got my phone yesterday and inserted my three sim, booted up and have no problems with mobile data and can access internet. However I did get a text from three saying...
From 3: Sorry, we cannot automatically set your phone for internet and picture messaging use. To do this, go online on a PC https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...A%2F%2Fwww.three.co.uk%2Fsetup&token=_llQSe5h
Maybe that url may help you though I didn't have too as it worked out of box.

Steve Jepson

Dec 24, 2015
Visit site
I had the same issue - phone 3 tech support and say you have a Lumia 950XL and they need to pass it up to technical support to get it registered. Its a known issue basically to do with non std phones being used on the network.

Took 3 days then started and been ok since

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett