Game performance

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
So I've noticed on some games (Crossy Road, Jetpack Joyride) that the phone stutters a bit. When getting coins in Jetpack Joyride the game will slow down while getting the coins, then go back to normal speed when done. Crossy Road drops lots of frames, especially if your character is one that glows at night.

Halo Spartan Assault actually just crashes after a few seconds of playing it.

I'm downloading Asphalt 8 now just to see what happens.

Has anybody else experienced this?

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Most games are from 8.1 but thanks to backwards compatibility, we can still download and play them when running w10m. However I still believe that those games need to be further optimized for w10m so that they can run smoothly

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
Asphalt 8 runs like butter, btw. No lag, no dropped frames, no crashes.

Yeah, I thought it might just be because the games are older and for a different OS. Thanks!

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Asphalt 8 runs like butter, btw. No lag, no dropped frames, no crashes.

Yeah, I thought it might just be because the games are older and for a different OS. Thanks!

Don't thank me, it's mostly an educated hunch lol.. I wonder if MS mailed the developers asking them to update their apps/games or if they're leaving the "nagging" tasks up to us :/

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Haven't tried the real heavy ones like Asphalt but things like Candy Crush, Crossy Road, Prune, Angry Birds and Trivial Pursuit are running super smooth no glitches. Some do heat up the phone quite a bit though but nothing like it was on my 920.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720