04-08-2016 08:37 AM
99 1234
tools
    I find the camera performance is not as good when I was on WP8.1.
    True

Can't believe that no one say's anything abut camera!!!I own a 640xl and the only reason I went back to w8.1 is that sh**** camera...the quality is poor and it takes forever to see a photo when you take it...the "last touches" takes forever..BUT everything else works almost perfect.
    Yeah I totally agree.... but the .39 build fixed the loading in photo apps.... I am not taking much pictures so I am ok so far... but the quality drop by far! I did mention it is some comments ago

I've done everything..still takes forever to see the photo when you take one...if was a phone problem I think it want matter in what OS I'm taking the photo..I know though that everyone has different issues even its the same phone...i hope that's a problem that is going to be fix with official release,because everything else works fine.. it might be something about region or something(I'm in Greece).I don't know...excuse my English..
    I have the same issues, so I do understand. It needs to be fixed. It takes forever to load pictures. SO normally I would take pictures and everything and then i'll simply open photo apps and it loads fast and everything in there...BUT IT REALLY TAKES FOREVER "applying final touches". Other than that its working perfectly fine
    Last edited by xandros9; 12-22-2015 at 11:15 PM. Reason: merging
    12-19-2015 09:17 PM
    One other possible problem could be slow saving to the uSDCard if the card is not performing at 100% or even has bad sectors etc.
    I would try to temporarily save images to the device instead of the SDCard and see if that changes the process. If it is already saving to the device I'd also try the other way around.
    Hope your problem gets solved soon. I'd go nuts if my camera would do that.
    dimi516 likes this.
    12-20-2015 09:41 AM
    I have the same issues, so I do understand. It needs to be fixed. It takes forever to load pictures. SO normally I would take pictures and everything and then i'll simply open photo apps and it loads fast and everything in there...BUT IT REALLY TAKES FOREVER "applying final touches". Other than that its working perfectly fine

I think I found the solution..i install camera app in device(not in sd card) and it's almost like w8.1!!!!just try it!!!also go to settings and choose that your photos will be saved in device.you should be fine then...but first of all install .36 update.
    Prince Pusey likes this.
    12-20-2015 01:58 PM
    are there any tricks I'm missing in the new EXTRAS tab in settings??
    12-20-2015 04:11 PM
    I think I found the solution..i install camera app in device(not in sd card) and it's almost like w8.1!!!!just try it!!!also go to settings and choose that your photos will be saved in device.you should be fine then...but first of all install .36 update.
    I already had .39 installed and camera installed on device, its just the photo location I never had. I read about this idea in an article before but I already have only 1.8g free on my phone. Its not like we have a portion of memory to choose from, plus it still has its delay. I prefer wait couple more seconds that to full up my phone memory to slow it down. Not really much of a photographer to begin with, just take a picture here and there when the moment arrives.
    12-20-2015 05:00 PM
    but thanks though
    dimi516 likes this.
    12-20-2015 05:01 PM
    glad to hear the save to device instead of SDCard suggestion solved your problem.That is only a temporary solution though in my book. I suggest you try what I posted below.

I already had .39 installed and camera installed on device, its just the photo location I never had. I read about this idea in an article before but I already have only 1.8g free on my phone. Its not like we have a portion of memory to choose from, plus it still has its delay. I prefer wait couple more seconds that to full up my phone memory to slow it down. Not really much of a photographer to begin with, just take a picture here and there when the moment arrives.
    The suggestion to save to device was meant temporarily to see if that solves the problem. If it does I suggest you check the SDCard on the PC for errors and reformat. Temporarily save the SDCard contents to the PC. If that doesn't help I suggest investing in a better SDCard. You may want to try a faster "4k" SDCard.
    Last edited by Derausgewanderte; 12-20-2015 at 06:02 PM.
    dimi516 likes this.
    12-20-2015 05:50 PM
    Upgraded L640XL (LTE DUAL SIM) to W10 mobile to 10586.36 through 10586.29. Performance is good, though not without few problems.
    The most noticeable thing is UI which was somewhat childish on WP8.1. Now it looks more polished, mature and evolved. Of course, it isn't consistent throughout the OS and apps/games seem not to be well optimized for 5.7" screen as it's in WP 8.1.
    The biggest problem is that apps, especially games on SD card don't work smoothly. Observed that games like Asphalt 8 Airborne, Jet Pack Joyride, even Temple Run 1 & 2 etc. stutter while stored in SD card memory and work smoothly while in Phone's internal memory.
    (Has Subway Surfers been withdrawn from store?)
    Don't know what's happened to TOUCH SENSITIVITY setting. It's not seen in SETTING>EXTRA>TOUCH.
    Is it possible to change EDGE>SETTING>READING VIEW FONT SIZE? In my case it's not happening. (It can be done by changing SETTING>EASE OF ACCESS>MORE OPTIONS>TEXT SCALING.)
    Speaking about Camera, photo processing is still slow. Wonder why Rich Capture mode doesn't work exactly as in WP 8.1. Lenses were not visible first even after complete installation & update of apps. After hard reset, the problem resolved.
    Otherwise performance is really very good. Can be termed as snappy for most of the times.
    One consistent problem which has been frequently occurring is that office apps ask sometimes for Office 365 subscription and the apps require to be uninstalled & reinstalled. It's weird.
    When will MS make full features of Groove music & Films &TV available for India?
    Lastly, battery life is a somewhat lesser. Though not worrisome.
    12-21-2015 01:51 AM
    I have a replacement 640XL on the way. My current one is restarting during phone calls and has the yellow area in top right corner of screen. Question is, should I immediately install .36 and do a complete reset with it? This would be the ideal opportunity. Is it a stable enough everyday build? I don't really play any games on it. Camera/Facebook/Twitter are my core apps aside from e-mail and browsing the web.

Use weatherbug, ESPN, WatchESPN, CBSSports, Plex, and Youtube as well.
    12-21-2015 02:38 PM
    has been answered many times in this forum. From my own experience and what I've seen from others mostly it's good for a daily driver. If your old one was working fine on W10M before you sent it out and you have a backup, you could do a restore. If your last 640XL was on WP8.1 I would recommend a hard reset after upgrade and start from scratch.
    Others had good experience even with a restore from an WP8.1 backup. You can try that first and decide for yourself whether you need to start from scratch. YMMV
    12-22-2015 10:59 AM
    Yea I've read other threads and everyone has been hit and miss as far as process they followed. I really don't plan on keeping this phone past march/April and WM has been a worse experience than I remember having on my 920. no progress has been made in 3 years for app development for the apps I use. And now, this whole rollout of new OS is taking 6 months longer than I care to wait for. Especially a solid working OS.

The device will be a blank slate to start so I might as well go with WM10 to see if it's worth it.
    12-22-2015 12:40 PM
    My experience is - don't install Windoes 10 untill offcial release.
    First build was great. After that and 2 more technical previews, phone was unusable. Had to revert to Windows 8.1
    12-24-2015 05:36 AM
    My experience is - don't install Windoes 10 untill offcial release.
    First build was great. After that and 2 more technical previews, phone was unusable. Had to revert to Windows 8.1
    I agree. At this stage, W10M is a pile of garbage. Just wait for official release. (Lumia 930 here)
    12-24-2015 05:44 AM
    I agree. At this stage, W10M is a pile of garbage. Just wait for official release. (Lumia 930 here)
    Others and I disagree. What maybe a true assessment for you may not be for others. Don't generalize. If it's truly a pile of garbage now, how do you think is it going to be better with an official release that is only a month away? The wait will give you little under the hood improvements and I'm afraid it'll be still mostly a pile of garbage for you.

I am sorry it's not working well for you on your L930. We have two 640XL and two 640s here and we are all happy campers.

cheers and merry Christmas
    Last edited by Derausgewanderte; 12-24-2015 at 10:03 AM.
    Nogitsune Micah and libra89 like this.
    12-24-2015 09:37 AM
    For the most part it is a decent experience. The last few builds were great.
    12-24-2015 09:41 AM
    I like my 640xl, however, has anyone had the problem I seem to be facing. The problem is that at times when on a call and I have it on speaker all of a sudden it sounds terrible like a blown speaker. But if I hang up and call back it's fine. It also happens on my 640. I'm trying to determine if it a software issue which I think it is since whenever I play music through it I never have that issue. I'm running the latest Windows 10 but it's been happening now and then for a few builds. Maybe I should but my 640 back to 8.1 for a while and see it the problem remains.
    12-24-2015 12:41 PM
    steadydon. My wife doesn't have this issue with the latest W10M. Nobody else in the family uses speaker phone on their 640 (XL). I often listen to phone calls over headphones, but have not experienced that problem either. But I have seen this exact problem mentioned in another thread somewhere.
    12-24-2015 01:03 PM
    I am really disappointed with Microsoft... It's been years now and their product has so many bugs. I've been hearing it's a product been testing, it's still in beta form, but hasn't it been years now. What is it that apple is doing and Microsoft isn't? I would prefer a more expensive phone with a classy interface (win10) and unlimited apps than a phone with so many bugs. I'm starting to feel outdated, because even Microsoft apps runs even better on other phones and that's what annoys me the most. Is it because we are loyal windows fan, they choose to neglect us easily?
    12-26-2015 05:58 AM
    - 2x many bugs
    - still in beta form
    - no "unlimited apps"
    - outdated
    - apps runs even better on other phones
    - neglect us
    sounds like it is time to switch to an iPhone or Android phone.
    I could talk to each one of these but I don't think the OP wanted to start a discussion about why MS is still in the smartphone business. [(a), (b), (c), (d), (e)...]. Probably a good idea to do this in an appropriate thread.

good luck
    Last edited by Derausgewanderte; 12-26-2015 at 10:31 AM.
    Prince Pusey likes this.
    12-26-2015 10:00 AM
    lumia 640xl with windows preview build upgrade to wm10: camera is second rate now...in wpm8.1 camera was awesome now its a fail in wpm10.
    glance screen is also second rate as it does not show your screen saver photo on sleep;
    the automatic location service for an app called timeme does not work in wpm10 even with inputting your own city/town location manually for northern Canada;
    notification info works randomly, I have to input or change the notifications for what needs to be displayed on sleep/lock screen;
    pro: pretty decent battery life;
    my opinion: barely a passing grade; lotsa work for fixing these bugs.
    dimi516 likes this.
    12-26-2015 09:09 PM
    Here are some of the advantages that you all keep forgetting when comparing W10M with WP8.1. For me they outweigh the few problems we have here on ours.
    libra89 and Prince Pusey like this.
    12-27-2015 09:03 AM
    lumia 640xl with windows preview build upgrade to wm10: camera is second rate now...in wpm8.1 camera was awesome now its a fail in wpm10.
    glance screen is also second rate as it does not show your screen saver photo on sleep;
    the automatic location service for an app called timeme does not work in wpm10 even with inputting your own city/town location manually for northern Canada;
    notification info works randomly, I have to input or change the notifications for what needs to be displayed on sleep/lock screen;
    pro: pretty decent battery life;
    my opinion: barely a passing grade; lotsa work for fixing these bugs.
    yes and you are aware WM10 is not finished? that is why it has been delayed !
    12-28-2015 04:21 AM
    I have a 640XL which replaced a 1020 after a 920. W10 is a downgrade in terms of performance. Slow screen response when using outlook. The email formatting is off in many cases. (Fonts not rendering, graphics not loading, etc.) The screen will not render fully. For example, when going to settings, submenus will only partially load. Emails will partially load despite setting to download despite the connection type (wi-fi and cellular). I use both an iPhone 6S plus and my lumia for work. More and more, I can no longer count on my phone to do basic functions like make a phone call. It just sits there. Out of frustration, I pick up the iPhone because I have to get my work done.
    12-28-2015 11:47 AM
    sorry about your experience. I assume you have done a hard reset and did not recover from a backup. We do not have the issues you mention with our two 640XLs. The device storage of the 640XL is very limited at 8Gb. If you have less than 1Gb space left the system will slow down. I'd suggest moving stuff to the SDCard in that case. If you have enough space on the device then I'd suspect some hardware issue, specifically the incomplete screen rendering you mention is odd.
    12-28-2015 03:41 PM
    sorry about your experience. I assume you have done a hard reset and did not recover from a backup. We do not have the issues you mention with our two 640XLs. The device storage of the 640XL is very limited at 8Gb. If you have less than 1Gb space left the system will slow down. I'd suggest moving stuff to the SDCard in that case. If you have enough space on the device then I'd suspect some hardware issue, specifically the incomplete screen rendering you mention is odd.
    Those issues mmentioned earlier is new to me
    12-29-2015 05:56 AM
99 1234