[Lumia 640 XL] How is Windows 10 on it?

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I just ordered a Lumia 640 XL and I wanted to see how Windows 10 has been performing on it. For those who have installed it could you let me know how the experience has been with it?

I would wait for the official wp10 as I had it on my Lumia 520 and its buggy and eats battery. Have a look at others who had the wp10 insider version they are not too happy with it. I have a 640 XL running wp8.1 update 2 and by gosh its a cracking phone 100% happy with it!!

nikhil jm

Jan 22, 2016
Visit site
At present for Lumia 640xl can any1 tell hows battery life and performance especially is device geting heated up. I brought new 640xl now previously I was using L525 n was insider since day1 so if its great I will update to win10 can any1 give an info Plz

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
It's only been 24 hours but I installed the insider version on my 640 XL and I have to say it's pretty good! Very much improved since I installed it on my L520 near on a year ago! Smooth and stylish and packed with goodies. Too early to talk battery life but it is pretty good so far.

nikhil jm

Jan 22, 2016
Visit site
Oh that sounds good can u later post regarding battery life and device getting heat while playing games r using heavy apps. Since i was using L525 it was getting heat while using hotspot n all so..!

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Oh that sounds good can u later post regarding battery life and device getting heat while playing games r using heavy apps. Since i was using L525 it was getting heat while using hotspot n all so..!

Ok I have tested it quite heavily and I am pleased to say that the battery life is insanely good. I can get near on 6 hours heavy usage playing candy crush, using edge browser which is really pretty but one problem i can't make the words bigger so it's quite small but legible. Yes the phone heats a little bit more then 8.1 but that has to be expected as it's an insider OS and the battery / system is not adjusting heat wise but it's not an issue for me as I have a flip cover on it so that could be making it warmer then usual. The keyboard is so responsive it actually feels like an actual keyboard / laptop keyboard. I have to say out of 10 I'd give it an 8 just purely out of the small words issue.

**Update I am using the small keyboard and it is really good I am flying as I type and it is super responsive also autocorrect has vastly improved too all around great keyboard**

Last edited:

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
i can now download additional language support and i'm can speech to text. I am using it now as I'm writing this update on the post. And I have to say it is really responsive the words are coming out correctly and also it is really, really quick.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I was very impressed with Windows 10 Mobile on my 640XL. I did a hard reset after most major build updates but otherwise everything worked fine.

Now that I have a 950XL I can see that the 640XL is slow in places, such as scrolling and certain animations, and the camera is obviously inferior too.

But, as it is, the 640XL is a great Windows 10 phone for those on a budget. Very impressed with it, given the specs.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
.71 is great no major changes that I can see. Just have to wait to have a look and see how the battery performs as I just updated it today. Keyboard is insanely quick and I am giving the latest update an 8/10

nikhil jm

Jan 22, 2016
Visit site
.71 is great no major changes that I can see. Just have to wait to have a look and see how the battery performs as I just updated it today. Keyboard is insanely quick and I am giving the latest update an 8/10
yeah lets c how it performs with heavy usage and those heating while playing heavy games.

Lazar 61

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
My Lumia is 640 xl ds
I've tried a few times to install w10m, .29, .36, .63, and phone DO NOT WORK! It is hot, battery drains quick, too many blue dots and waiting between apps, random restarts, call drops, . . . in short, the phone is not usable. My wife's phone (lumia 640 LTE is on .71 and works as a charm. I have made both upgrades (on similar ways). LTE Lumia was made for Polish T-Mobile, bought in Serbia as unlocked phone, and xl ds was bought as operator free, European version in Serbia too. First, before upgrade I must uninstall all keyboards except English, or I will have no keyboard under w10m!. Under fast ring installs .29 first and then goes to .36. . . but phone gets hot and not responding. This is the second time I write about this, and it seems windows crew does not care for me after I spent my money, buying TWO windows phone! This is not nice! So please help!

nikhil jm

Jan 22, 2016
Visit site
Hey do one thing use WDRT and go back to 8.1 even there don't restore ur phone with backup just complete the process. Don't install any apps. Just download windows insider n opt for fast ring and u will download win10 build .71 only u won't see any older builds and after installing .71 hard reset it. That's it u won't have problem I think so. Mine is new lumia640xl ds after purchase of 1week i have installed win10.71 now but m facing battery drop compared to 8.1 but works faster as 8.1.

PaulMilbank

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
My 640xl had been really good with 10586.71. Did hard reset to fix some small issues after the update from 8.1. Been the best build so far which is promising.

nikhil jm

Jan 22, 2016
Visit site
My 640xl had been really good with 10586.71. Did hard reset to fix some small issues after the update from 8.1. Been the best build so far which is promising.
M facing battery jump like if keep on using the battery from 100-90 or sometimes 80% goes soon and from there it stabilizes..! And playback of recorded videos are being stuck for some did and then it plays.

PaulMilbank

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Yep, it seems not many people have it. I do full reset too. I am wondering if it is actually related to an app misbehaving. I have a theory I am testing and will see how the phone goes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)