[Lumia 640 XL] How is Windows 10 on it?

scd147

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
I've got the Lumia 640, so same innards and screen res, but lesser camera. I'm running 10586.29 on it currently and for the most part its very good. Some bugs here and there, from the message boards on this site it looks like that is still the issue in some cases, so I haven't rushed to upgrade to the newer builds. Overall, very snappy. I have a Lumia 920, which has a high end processor for 2012, I find the performance between the two of them to be roughly identical for most tasks. I've been using Windows 10 Mobile as my daily driver since .29 came out and it hasn't left me regretting that decision.

Somchai Quint

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
At my Lumia 640 XL is Windows 10 Mobile working very smooth and the latest insider update brought some performance increase and longer battery life.

face kunal

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
I'm thinking of installing 10.0.10586.122 release preview. Is it good on 640xl. And one more thing when I install W10M though insider release preview which build will I get(last available?). Currently, I'm on 8.1 update 2 and don't want to ruin my phone as I did on my 630.
Thank you in advance.

neodk

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
I installed the Preview build but then I rolled back. There are still little things within Windows 10 that bother me. It's a phone, and I just want it to work. 8.1 doesn't have all the bells and whistles but it is more than adequate for me and how I use my phone. Do I want a more modern interface? Yes. But not at the expense of the phone operating slowly...........so..............slowly.

I am also bad about giving feedback. I just want Microsoft to put out a good product that I know will be supported for a respectable amount of time that I don't have to be constantly tinkering with.

ElZopilote

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
I'm having some pretty annoying issues on the 640 XL. I want to like it but it's slow, outlook won't work properly, Bluetooth doesn't play music without "skipping", and edge doesn't render web pages properly. I hope that stuff gets fixed before official release, but we're so close I dont have a lot of hope.

neodk

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
Unfortunately for me I'm bi-polar and subject to risky behavior. When I cycle I tend to spend a lot of money, which is why I went back to the 640 XL. I was having an episode and technology is my way of self-soothing. Today I got the bug up my ---- to get rid of the 640 XL after obsessing about moving to another phone for the last 12 hours. I picked up a Galaxy S5 new for a reasonable price, given that the S6 is going end of the line with the S7 coming out. I've had an S5 before so I know what I'm getting into. In the end both the 640 XL and Galaxy S5 are going to suffer similar fates. The current OS they are on is likely their last official hurrah minus divine intervention to bring them to Android 6.0 and Windows 10 Mobile respectively in the not too distant future. In a bug-free form.

Sometimes it sucks being crazy.

Coraje187

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site
I have had no problems on the 640 so far, I did do a reset and disable some stuff in the privacy that uses data. Its running as smooth so far, I'm just used to 8.1 menu settings. I installed cause I'm not sure when it will get the update threw tmobile since the 521 took forever for 8.1.

Mainak Saha1

Apr 7, 2016
Visit site
i am trying to update my new lumia 640xl lte version, one month old, to windows 10 through its update. i downloaded the upgrade advisor app to help me with the updatation. the app is asking me to clear my phone memory. but i hav already cleared it. i hav uninstalled all the apps and evrything including whatsapp and games and even lumia camera and selfie to clear phone memory. but stil its asking to clear more space. i dont know how to proceed with my upgradation. please help me. i realy want to upgrade to win10.

Manimaran Kanesan

Apr 8, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

I just got my Lumia 640XL, updated to Win10, but my Outlook and Calendar does not work anymore. Always ask to add an account, then after account exist, I can't get any email and back to add account screen.

My build is 10.0.10586.107, I don't want to hard reset my phone.

Please advise.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss