Where is the proximity sensor located on the Lumia 950 XL?

davidvkimball

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Shortly after applying this screen protector:

amazon.com/gp/product/B014SK2OHO?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=od_aui_detailpages00[1]

I got a phone call. When I picked up, the screen went blank as it does when it detects via its proximity sensor that something is covering it. Except I wanted to use speaker phone...

This has happened on previous Windows Phone devices due to dust, so do you think this cover would be the cause? Should I wait a day or so?

I'd love your thoughts on this. Thanks in advance.

davidvkimball

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Based on the screen protector I bought, are you able to determine whether or not the sensor is covered? I assumed it wasn't, but it might be...

occamsmonkey

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
If the photo is correct, it has a notch for it. But it would have to be perfectly aligned. It's odd that it doesn't have a notch for the IR emitter. Most I've seen have a long dip that includes everything up to the front facer. I have the Incipio and it's got a long notch and I have no issues with the proximity sensor.

Corwin_Amber1

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
I would disagree, it does have a notch for the Windows Hello camera, but not for the proximity sensor (for both glasses linked, Davids and Nicks).
Just use a flashlight (or another mobile) to shine bright light on the part between the speaker and the cameras, you can then easily spot it.

Hyperiontt

May 29, 2017
Visit site
If the photo is correct, it has a notch for it. But it would have to be perfectly aligned. It's odd that it doesn't have a notch for the IR emitter. Most I've seen have a long dip that includes everything up to the front facer. I have the Incipio and it's got a long notch and I have no issues with the proximity sensor.

Do you have a link to specific Incipio screen protector that you're using? I purchased 4 iCarez HD Clear Screen Protectors on Amazon (https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B015R4FVFC/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) and I'm returning all of them.

Cheers.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99