Best 950xl 9h glass screen protector?

Ti P

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
hi there,
I use Incipio on my Lumia 950 XL. What you can do is you just press hard on those bubble and spread it out, it will go away. I have those bubbles at first, but after i press and push hard on those bubble to spread it out...Those gone.

Dalek Sec

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Let me know how the stilgut works out after a week. I put on a easypro+ on the 16th and the corners were not sticking right away and now after three days have spread into the screen area.

Corwin_Amber1

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
I would be interested in the longer term expierence with the Stilgut protector as well. Please do kindly update the thread :) Thank you. I have now tried severyl protectors, but the display on mine *is* bent on the edges, like so many others. What an oversight... Now I settled with an AtFolix clear film which is quite good.

nicktramontin

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
Also interested to hear about how the StilGit protector holds up over a few days at least. Quite expensive but as you get 2 in a pack it means I can put one on my wife's 950xl I've got her for Christmas.

the-scotsman

Dec 16, 2015
Visit site
The best screen protector is not having one.

With Gorilla Glass, there's just no need. The glass has a much better, smoother feel, and gives the best viewing experience of the gorgeous display.

I haven't used a protector for the last 5 years or so, and I've bought a new flagship every year. At most you might end up with a couple of VERY minor fine marks that are barely even visible. Unless you treat your phone like ****? Even then it's difficult to damage the displays.

jlangner

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I have tried 2 and none stick on side. I think known issue with MS. I emailed CS rep back that had replied to another case I had and he just said he would recommend not using one if it was him. :)

Babs75

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, I ordered a different one since I didn't have good success with the first one. I've never used a screen protector before and thought I'd try it with this one.

MrDonGato

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
i bought an OEM Screen protector, it looked good, and i noticed the sides not sticking... but the worse was that the proximity sensor was blocked. they cutted the edges for the iris scanner, not the proximity sensor... I was annoyed and the seller threw all the screen protector for the lumia 950 xl to the trash (and he gave me a refund)...

I need a screen protector, i have a daughter of 1.5 years, and it's like a tornado, she broke my wife's 620 (and was an excuse to buy the 640 xl) and scratched my 920... i don't want my 950 xl to suffer the same fate...

nicktramontin

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
I've personally never used a screen protector as I've hated them. My 920 lasted 3 years with no obvious scratches (other than the first one I scratched by putting it face down on a desk to show how scratch resistant the screen was and there must have been a bit of sand / grit on the desk...). I did keep the 920 in a pouch case in my pocket and when not in use which I don't intend to do with my new 950xl so just thought I'd give it a go. If I don't scratch the glass one (assuming it fits and doesn't block sensors) then maybe I'll take it off 😊

liquidphantom

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
Had issues with the Orzly protector, and they pretty much admitted the problem without admitting it *rolls eyes* So lets see what they come back with on this2015-12-22 09_35_46-Mark Graham - Just got the tempered glass screen protector for the....png

jazzedmurf

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
Just returned Incipio to the MS store and installed StilGut onto my phone.

Pros: More transparent, better visual quality than Incipio; feels better

Cons: Mic hole and FF camera hole cannot both be perfectly lined up simultaneously; corners STILL not sealed...

I may take this one off and install the second StilGut screen later this week.

Here's hoping that a solution is found...

jazzedmurf

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
There were a couple users who commented on the recently posted firmware update article with a few tempered glass solutions that they claimed properly and totally adhered to the screen, while not unnecessarily covering up the ambient light sensor or front-facing camera.

Mr. Shield: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B016X...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU3353170

Fosman: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B018S...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU3353170

Icarez: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B015R...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU3353170

Anyone have any luck with these? The pictures posted on the Mr. Shield page look promising, in particular.

jrjr488

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
The Stilgut eventually raised up some on all 4 corners. I got the Fosmon to replace it and it has stayed down now for 3 days on all 4 corners of my 950xl. The Fosmon is a thinner glass, so that may have something to do with staying down on the corners.

liquidphantom

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
Using the tudia. Initially there was a patch on the lower right side (not the corner) that wouldn't stick properly. I was going to remove it but after lifting from the bottom right corner slightly it all sticks down nicely now. Wish I had got this instead of the orzley now as it would have protected my screen from the scratch I got the day after removing it for blocking the proximity sensor.

GnarlyBone

Dec 14, 2015
Visit site
Ok, so I went and bought the Panzer protective glass. Nice feel but it's really ugly how they did the cut out's at the top right corner.

signal-2-noise

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
With latest Windows Phones, the Lumia 930 in particular, I have not found a proper fitting screen protector that covers the ENTIRE front surface. I tried two different makes and they both ended up peeling off over time due to incomplete edges. So I've not bothered and you know what- I've had no problems with scratches. So now that I've got a 950 XL I will use a protective case but will not use a screen guard.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel