Best 950xl 9h glass screen protector?

Dalek Sec

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Howdy,

First off I love my 950xl even if I have yet to get my mozo cover or free dock.

I purchased two different brands of 9h glass screen protectors off of amazon. One iVoler and the other a supershieldz ballistics.

The supersheildz was installed first and applied just ever so slightly crooked. Some air pockets had to be smoothed out but areas around the edges just wouldn't hold tight. After a few days I ended up pulling it off because it kept unsealing from the edges.

The iVoler applied better and once the air was pushed out seemed to seal perfectly for two days. On the third day I noticed the little nub beside the hello ir light was coming unsealed. By the fourth day the air pocked spread from the little bit at the top to running down a third of the left side and a cm into the screen area.

Does anyone have a suggestion for one that seals perfectly? I've had these on my M8 for a year and shattered two of them ... no damage to the m8! The m8 ones are all supersheildz.

erzhik

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I don't like that ether but most of the others I've seen don't have the cutouts for the hello camera and light.

But are the cutouts really necessary for Hello camera? I have a glass cover on Surface Book and it fully covers the Hello camera, yet there is no problem with it at all.

Babs75

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site
Howdy,

First off I love my 950xl even if I have yet to get my mozo cover or free dock.

I purchased two different brands of 9h glass screen protectors off of amazon. One iVoler and the other a supershieldz ballistics.

The supersheildz was installed first and applied just ever so slightly crooked. Some air pockets had to be smoothed out but areas around the edges just wouldn't hold tight. After a few days I ended up pulling it off because it kept unsealing from the edges.

The iVoler applied better and once the air was pushed out seemed to seal perfectly for two days. On the third day I noticed the little nub beside the hello ir light was coming unsealed. By the fourth day the air pocked spread from the little bit at the top to running down a third of the left side and a cm into the screen area.

Does anyone have a suggestion for one that seals perfectly? I've had these on my M8 for a year and shattered two of them ... no damage to the m8! The m8 ones are all supersheildz.

I bought one from Amazon but I have bubbles on the corners. I've never put one of these on my phone before so I'm not sure how they're supposed to work. I cleaned the glass really well before I mounted it.

Corwin_Amber1

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
Hi Babs,

you are not alone. The problem is, that many or all of the 950XL seem to have corners with a slight bend / hollow. That is, why you are having the air pockets, because the glass is too stiff to stay sucked on. This is a real bummer.
I am trying high quality plastic films as a next option and will then use it without it ;)

Best regards,
Corwin

Marsiss Tian

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
I purchased the icarez from amazon, similar issues, no air bubbles but some edge opening pockets, and the right up corner is not fully covered.
As I did not place the order in advance, my 950xl was bare for couple days, and I scratched the screen! I assume it's done by my 920......I should not leave 920 over 950xl's screen.....

erzhik

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
It seems like all glass protectors for 950Xl are made by the same company, because all of them have the same problem of exposed top right part of phone.

Got IQ Shield ballistic glass and also same exposed top right and top corners not sticking all the way.

breadbooze

Feb 13, 2008
Visit site
The MS one is the Incipio Plex. It comes with an alignment template that could work as a bumper case after installing the glass. The glass protector itself doesnt sit completely flush on the screen, the top left edges around the Hello light and bottom left corner doesn't seal completely, though I might be at fault for the bottom left corner having trapped a piece of dust in there. It is very minor and not noticeable with daily use.

dudejoe

May 6, 2015
Visit site
The incipio did the same thing for me, the corners near the top and left have a little edge that won't stay down, I also got the aomax one from amazon and it did the same for me. I was worried that there was an issue with my screen, but if more are having it, it could be just a design issue.IMG_20151212_171156.jpg

bernieg4hwa

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
I had exactly the same problem tried two different glass protectors from ebay , complained and got replacements .One was slightly better but had the same corner problems , I have given up for now and gone with the standard flexible film protector, which works fine ,not the same level of protection but better than nothing.

anon(8555314)

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I had installed a tempered glass cover, and it was not sticking on three corners. I got disgusted with it and took it off.

And today I dropped my phone and the screen shattered. Doh! Now looking at options. We have AT&T insurance, so I can get it replaced for $200. Does Microsoft repair or replace screens, and if so, how much do they charge (no MS insurance). Probably will go that route in the future; AT&T insurance seems like a rip off.

DeathMoJo

May 24, 2015
Visit site
It is sad to see that the phone is the issue for many of us. I tried 3 different glass protectors just to make sure it was the phone that was the issue. I had problems with all 4 corners of my phone... I just gave up and we will see how the Gorilla glass really holds up!

jazzedmurf

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
Check out this video of an Orzly tempered glass screen protector for the L950XL--he applies it during the video and the corners adhere as they should:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=y1RMTKiugCs

I have the Incipio offering on my device and all four corners have bubbles. I may be returning this for the Orzly.

Only thing about the Orzly is that it doesn't provide cutouts for the IR sensor or the FF camera. Probably not deal-breakers, but thought I should mention it.

erzhik

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Check out this video of an Orzly tempered glass screen protector for the L950XL--he applies it during the video and the corners adhere as they should:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=y1RMTKiugCs

I have the Incipio offering on my device and all four corners have bubbles. I may be returning this for the Orzly.

Only thing about the Orzly is that it doesn't provide cutouts for the IR sensor or the FF camera. Probably not deal-breakers, but thought I should mention it.

If you look closely enough, you can see top corners leaving marks, which means that the protector is not fully adhered. The problem is that if there is even a slightest lifted boarder, dust will eventually get in.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss