Phone charging slowly continuous problem?

khalil_sial

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
I have lumia 640 xl, whenever i plug in the original charger it says "device is charging slowly (to speed up charging use the charger and cable that came with your device)" And i feel that it is charging slowly. And for additional information i have windows 10 with katest update 10586.29. Before this i had 8.1 Denim and as far i remember it does'nt had this type of problem. What should i do anyone have the permanent solution of this problem plz reply here. Thanks

brusbrother

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
We have 2 Lumia 640s in the family. I am now experiencing the same message about slow charging and warning to use the original charger/cable on the Win 10 Insider phone 36 update.
My daughter reported this error message when using an old LG charger on her 640 Win 8.1 stock phone. This LG charger was spec: 5.1V 0.7 Amps.
I am in fact using the original charger with the Win 10 Insider phone. The specs on the Microsoft charger: 5.0V 0.75A
I can understand the issue with the LG charger on the Win 8.1 phone as not original and different spec but can anyone shed some light on the problem with the W10 phone.

Last edited:

Charles Brown8

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
I use a data / usb cord removable from the charger. Mine started giving these errors and I replaced the cable and no more slow charging notifications. May be the plug that goes into the phone is worn as was the case with mine.

brusbrother

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
Make sure you are using the original charger/cable.
After a soft reset AND making sure to ONLY use the provided cable/charger did the warnings cease.

jpminou

Nov 28, 2015
Visit site
I'm using the original charger only. It's a wall charger which came with the phone, but still the problem persist.
I think it's software problem cause I'm in the same situation more than a month, tried many chargers and cables to no avail. Even I'm stuck with wm10 cause i can't downgrade to wm8, phone not being detected.
I hope they can fix this issue soon.

born2rulz

Jun 5, 2015
Visit site
I have been facing the same issue on my Lumia 640XL since I upgraded it to the Windows 10 mobile after the official release. I connect the original charger that I had receive in the box but still get the device charging slow messange. I had spoke to their tech support and they advised me to do a soft reset. It works fine after soft reset but shows the same error again after 1-2 days

gust4vo

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
I have a Lumia 635 and I've been facing this very same issue since I upgraded it to Windows 10 after the official release. I believe it's a software problem, because I downgraded to Win 8.1 and the issue stopped happening, then I decided to upgrade again, and the error is back. Sometimes, when I turn my phone off and remove the battery, when I turn it on again the error stops temporarily, but after a while it starts again. I'm sure I'm using the original charger, and right now I'm running build 10586 right now.

Turd2016

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
I too am facing the same problem with regards to slow charging after upgrading to win10 even though I'm using the original charger that came with my phone. Any solutions out there?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett