Insider still not working on 950 XL

Meredith43

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone found any more information on this? I cannot get the regular update to 10586.29, nor can I get it through the Insider app. Very frustrating since it's a public release now.

Likwidz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Did you do a hard-reset? I've been trying to hold off till a fix was available, but thinking I'm might just go ahead and do it today.

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
[FONT=open_sansregular]Found this response from Jason at MS from Wednesday[/FONT]
[FONT=open_sansregular]"As promised, here's the next update:[/FONT]

[FONT=open_sansregular]We've identified the root cause of the issue, including why it's happening on some devices and not others. It's not country specific, language specific, or even single/dual SIM related. Quite honestly it's luck of the draw. I can't go into too much detail/specifics yet, but do know that we've identified what's going on.[/FONT]

[FONT=open_sansregular]Next steps? Creating a solution. There's a few different ideas being worked through right now on how to move forward. As is well documented, doing a hard reset will bypass the issue, but we're working to see if it's possible to work through this without having to do a reset. We're working to find a path of "least pain" so-to-speak.[/FONT]

[FONT=open_sansregular]There was also a question on whether this was Insider specific or if this affects normal Retail users as well. It's both. Again, it's pure luck of the draw as to whether any particular device has this bug or not.[/FONT]

[FONT=open_sansregular]I know the waiting is difficult, but know we're working diligently on this. I'll reiterate an earlier comment I made and again say thank you. Your help and research is greatly appreciated.[/FONT]

[FONT=open_sansregular]More to come as I get additional details.[/FONT]
[FONT=open_sansregular]- Jason"
[/FONT]

[FONT=open_sansregular]http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_install/950xl-on-fast-insider-ring-unable-to-get-1058629/c9ce18e1-dbc5-42bc-a733-ae4e0644bb51?page=27[/FONT]

Meredith43

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the information!!! I'm putting off a hard reset until I see more from MS because my phone is not acting up much or anything. I'll wait it out.

NorthFaceHiker

Dec 8, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the information!!! I'm putting off a hard reset until I see more from MS because my phone is not acting up much or anything. I'll wait it out.

As noted above (I'm the Jason from the Answers forum and I'm @NorthFaceHiker on Twitter). Yes, I registered on this forum so I could come and connect with users here as well.

The hard reset does fix this issue, but if you're willing to wait it out, we're working on possible solutions that wouldn't require that as a resolution step. No guarantees, but that's the hope.

The Answers forum thread linked up above is where I'll be posting any major updates, so keep it handy for the latest/greatest info.

I'll be popping on here from time to time to check your feedback as well.

Thanks,
Jason

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
Thank you, Jason! Very appreciative of you and everyone working on this. You guys deserve a whole lot more thanks and a whole lot less criticism and grief than you get.

Clive Rennie

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I did a hard reset and the update still wont install it downloads the phone runs hot tries to install gets 2% then error tried the restore backup did the fresh install same problem will wait for fix.

Likwidz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
What feature of .29 did you absolutely have to have?

Not any feature I was looking for, was just hoping for improved stability and performance in the OS. I probably should of done a hard reset when I first set up the phone. But I can say the OS is a lot more zippy and things like Windows Hello works a little more consistently....at this point 😜

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janecruise