Insider stuck on 0% 10586.29

downup

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Got my 950xl yesterday and everything works except this.

Been on 0% for ages now.. (Downloading part)

Tried

Soft reset
Hard reset twice once with backup and once without

Should i try Windows Device Recovery Tool?

Nothing wrong with my Wifi, been downloading 46 apps without problems.

Anthony199

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Yea my store update have been stuck for a long time too! and battery performance has been really bad lately... Also Insider build .29 is stuck. Should i just wait? Lumia 1520 tho

PNvmkpk

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
My L950XL keeps telling me that I am running out of storage...... can't install .29 either.....

I had the same issue on my 1020. I rolled back to 8.1 and jumped straight to 10586.29. This message means that the OS partition is out of space but we can do nothing to free up space. You should probably wait for 10586.29 availability on WDRT.

NorthFaceHiker

Dec 8, 2015
Visit site
So these are two separate known bugs we're tracking.

0% download: the build is actually downloading, but the progress bar isn't updating. It's a GUI bug. It looks bad, but other than the bar not progressing, but the device is doing exactly what it needs to do. Just let it sit there for a bit and you'll see it jump to "preparing to install" as is expected.

Low space: This is a different bug that I know is being tackled. Devices hitting this actually have plenty of space. I don't know the specifics on what triggers this erroneous message, but it's going to be fixed. Some users have chosen to reset their device to bypass the issue. Some users are able to reboot a couple times and get past it. I don't know enough of the technical "why" behind the bug. It should be fixed in an upcoming release however.

- Jason

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos