Gadgets App not working

thaddyusmaximus

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I updated now my Device hub app and now the gadgets app is not seeing any of my accessories. Won't see the continuum display dock, headphones wireless headphones and my wireless chargers. I'm using a 950XL

Any fix for this?

Ejay Lozano

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I got it to work partially. Still doesn't open up with the app, but when I tapped the NFC on my dt-910 qi stand and was able to launch the gadget app on that particular device and i was able to pin the shortcut on my start screen.

Joseph Fazio

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
I'm using Lumia 950 with build 10.0.14393.189 and latest firmware ...35035. Gadgets app is not working for me either. It stopped working after the anniversary update (14393 branch)installed. Hard reset did not fix it.

Lumiate

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm using Lumia 950 with build 10.0.14393.189 and latest firmware ...35035. Gadgets app is not working for me either. It stopped working after the anniversary update (14393 branch)installed. Hard reset did not fix it.

I'm using Lumia 930, after latest insider fast build I had to reset to production a.u. As everything broke... Gadgets app doesn't find any accessories now... Kind of a big screw up if you ask me..

coolj40041

Mar 5, 2015
Visit site
Same with my Lumia 950xl. I just bought a MS display dock for my 950xl. Gadgets doesn't see it, so I can't update it. And its not working right. If I play a video on my 950xl, the tv plays the sound. If I play a video on my tv with continuum, my phone plays the sound. I think an update to the display dock will work...but I can't do that unless gadgets sees it...Unless someone knows how I can update my display dock on a pc?

coolj40041

Mar 5, 2015
Visit site
I just saw this post on the Microsoft forums from a month ago:

Basith M replied on August 26, 2016
Microsoft Forum Moderator
In reply to A user TZ's post on August 26, 2016
Hi,

Unfortunately, there is an issue preventing the deployment of the new Gadgets app. Version 4.4.1607.11000.* It was available to Insiders briefly but will no longer available until the issue has been resolved. This means that, if you're a retail user, switching to the Windows Insider Rings will not give you the update at this point.

We apologize for the inconvenience this is causing you--we'll update the thread when it's been resolved.

Thanks for your patience.

Basith M
- Forum Moderator (Multiple Forums)
3 people found this helpful
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...e/16e3416e-d9da-4f01-8fbd-6f392ea05330?page=5

raggedy b

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Just got a Ncom Bluetooth intercom for my helmet and couldn't find it with the gadget app and I couldn't delete the old gadgets already on the app ,now I know why ,not that it's much help ,least the phone can find it and connect to it ,I'm not on the insider by the way

JRDEMASKUS

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
I connect all of my BT devices through Settings/ Bluetooth, always, on all of my phones, tablets, etc...
My BT headset, is working as expected, without the help of the Gadgets app.
Sony SBH54 "Smart BT" receiver.
Text messages are read out, other notifications come through, music controls work, I can invoke Cortana with a press and hold on the Call button.

I am not sure what is missing without "Gadgets"?

When I saw this thread I checked the app and found it offered the same additional functionality my Sony app offered on Android.
But when I rechecked on my Android, some of the functions have been removed.
Like, perform an action (open an app, read the time, etc...) when the BT unit connects/ disconnects. It was buggy and didn't always work.

One of the reasons I stuck with Windows Phone was for the native(?) BT funtionality, specifically, reading text over BT. I can't seem to keep Android doing it as consistently/ flawlessly as WP.

travis_valkyrie

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Can this app be vetted somehow? I'd hate to introduce a hazard to the environment.

Oh yes sure, I've added a key logger in it along with remote control and etc. But apart from the sarcasm this is the version that was in the insider builds. It works very well as it used to before the anniversary update. So far maybe it's just me and a few handful people are enjoying automatically starting apps and managing other devices with this app. Until then, when it gets updated it will overwrite the existing files anyway, so yeah I really like Groove music starting up when I connect to my beats headphone, it's like it knows what to do - now that's a smart phone!

gbobman

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
Oh yes sure, I've added a key logger in it along with remote control and etc. But apart from the sarcasm this is the version that was in the insider builds. It works very well as it used to before the anniversary update. So far maybe it's just me and a few handful people are enjoying automatically starting apps and managing other devices with this app. Until then, when it gets updated it will overwrite the existing files anyway, so yeah I really like Groove music starting up when I connect to my beats headphone, it's like it knows what to do - now that's a smart phone!

Can never be too careful. As some others tried it prior to me, thank you all. And yes, it works.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99