The location icon is always seen on top of Lumia 950's screen

Majid Bastan

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
When I switch on the location, its icon is always on top of the screen even though I do no use any app. To see if something is running on the background, I already switched off all the background apps. In addition, I disable all the apps which can use my location. But still the icon is there. Is there anyone who knows what the problem is.
Thanks in advance for your time.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
The phone periodically determines its location even if an app isn't running in the background, normally for security purposes (i.e. when you lose your phone and you decide to determine its location through your Microsoft account through a browser in your PC).

If you simply don't want to see the icon, then go to Settings > Location then toggle off the "Show location icon" switch.

Majid Bastan

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
If it was periodically on, it would be OK. But the surprising point is that the location icon can be seen literally all the time. Even if I switch off "Find my phone" option in settings.

BaritoneGuy

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
I only get it periodically even though I have allowed several apps to use my location. I do notice it for a moment every time I unlock the phone for a few seconds.

Chuck Foltz

Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
got o settings -> privacy -> location

Uncheck all apps and see if it stays on. Also see if this happens when you are outside in clear sky with wifi off. I'm wondering if its not finding you and it keeps searching.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa