Phone Call Record Option Suddenly Disappeared Lumia 950XL

metsfan421

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Just noticed tonight when making a phone call that the Record option when making a phone call that has been working for me recently, has completely disappeared from the UI when making a phone call on my Lumia 950XL. Is it something I am missing, or has an update taken this feature out? I don't understand how it can just suddenly disappear from the UI without it being an upate that took it out. Any insight would be appreciated!

metsfan421

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Okay, so I get to answer my own question on this one and hopefully it helps someone else out. For whatever reason, the Record option did disappear from my phone. I checked phone settings, and saw that the location where you put in what app you want to use to record, now showed "no compatible apps", even though I still had voice recorder installed. A reboot of the phone, brought the functionality back, without any interaction on my part, aside from rebooting.

Daverodeb

Oct 30, 2016
Visit site
Okay, so I get to answer my own question on this one and hopefully it helps someone else out. For whatever reason, the Record option did disappear from my phone. I checked phone settings, and saw that the location where you put in what app you want to use to record, now showed "no compatible apps", even though I still had voice recorder installed. A reboot of the phone, brought the functionality back, without any interaction on my part, aside from rebooting.

This has also happened to me but a reboot hasn't solved the issue. No compatible apps is visible even though I have the voice recorder installed. I'll have a fiddle about and see if it can be resolved.

7ghm7

Mar 18, 2017
Visit site
Same issue here as well. Phone did an automatic update the evening of 16 March -- after which "Record" function missing from Phone app, and "Choose the app you want to use to manage recorded phone calls" shows "No compatible apps" within Settings. I've cycled power, and performed a soft reset -- no help. Voice Recorder works fine. Lumia 950XL running Windows 10, OS build 10.0.14393.953.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm on the same release. I just checked and was able to record an outgoing call.

You might want to try uninstalling the VR app and re-installing it.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Same issue here as well. Phone did an automatic update the evening of 16 March -- after which "Record" function missing from Phone app, and "Choose the app you want to use to manage recorded phone calls" shows "No compatible apps" within Settings. I've cycled power, and performed a soft reset -- no help. Voice Recorder works fine. Lumia 950XL running Windows 10, OS build 10.0.14393.953.
In the past, when this has happened to me, on my 950XL, a power off/down and then a power on, took care of it for me, every time.

dov1978

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Call record is still there for me at least for now but I'm starting to randomly lose other stuff. The past few weeks Glance doesn't stay up to date with time (at least during the night). Woke up this morning around 7am and Glance was still in night mode showing 02.18. Also today when someone calls or I call them I no longer see the caller id photo of them despite it being there in contacts. Just a greyed out circle during the call. Also a few days ago I woke up and my google and iCloud accounts completely vanished from my phone along with all their contacts, mail and calendars etc. I had to add them all again and sync. And before anyone suggests it, I'm in no hurry to do the complete pain in the *** hard reset

sreekumarssk

Sep 7, 2016
Visit site
I've voice recorder app in my lumia 950xl and call recording option is not working. Please suggest how to rectify the same. I've tried restarting the phone several times. Still not enabled.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa