Can I set up two separate outlook.com calendars on my phone?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Can I set up two separate outlook.com calendars on my phone

I have a personal mail box on Outlook.com and also an Office mailbox.
Thanks to EAS these synchonise marvellously to my PC and to my Lumia 640. I get separate windows on the phone for personal and office mail, one window for combined contacts and one window for combined calendars.
That is a small problem. Both calendars appear in a single window on the phone with different colours to show if it is a personal or an office appointment. Plus is is a bit fiddly entering a new appointment on the phone as I have to go into More Detail to choose which calendar i want.

Can I get separate personal and office windows on the phone's desktop in the same way as I get separate windows for mail boxes

Many thanks

David

Daniel B1

Nov 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: Can I set up two separate outlook.com calendars on my phone

Not without installing a 2nd calendar app.

I just looked in the Store and found that an app like "One Calendar" will allow you to pick which calendar(s) to import/show. You could then use the default Calendar app for one of your calendars and this app for the 'other' calendar.

Alternatively, you could use this app (or another from the Store) for both, as it has better switching (no having to click "more" in order to reveal the calendar picker dropdown). If you enable multiple calendars in "One Calendar", you can go into the Settings and select which calendar will be the default for appointments. When you add an appointment, you can opt to add it to the other calendar using the dropdown on the "Add" screen, similar to the way Calendar on W10 desktop now does it. If that's to your liking, you could do away with the default Calendar app.

note: I just installed it on my phone and added an appointment to one of my calendars. It took at least 5 minutes for the new appointment to appear on my desktop and the phone's standard Calendar app. Then, using the phone's standard Calendar app, I changed the appointment's date to another day to see how long that would take to sync with my PC, and it too took about the same amount of time. I'm just mentioning this in case you or anyone else installs a 2nd calendar app and thinks "this isn't syncing"...

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon