Finally got MOZO case for 950 XL!

midnightfrolic

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
I thought about getting the MOZO cases. I really love their cases. So after attaching the case, how does one carry it around? Just stuff into your pocket or purse?

I'm more paranoid about my electronics, especially my phone after having gone through a few of them early due to dropping. I have fumbling finger :(. I now carry them in a belt holster, with rugged case. Now, the first thing people notice about me is my BIG holster. Then, I have to go "Hey, eyes up here buddy."

LarsCor

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Y'all should post more pictures of all the different colors, close ups op the buttons, quality etc. Really curious about those Mozo cases.

esbe118

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
Does anyone else have this issue?:

There are tiny little pins to which the rubber backing on the buttons attaches, keeping the buttons "pushed out" and in place. SOMEHOW one of these pins broke, which I noticed because the buttons don't stay in place anymore. And the camera button started doing the same thing, even though both pins attaching it are perfectly good.

LarsCor

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Anyone willing to post more pictures? :) I'm considering buying a Mozo, not sure if I'd go for the black one or the cognac one. Black one is more discreet, and I've heard the stitching on the cognac one is not always great. How are the buttons? At first, I didnt like the buttons standard on the Lumia 950 XL, but I've gotten used to it now. Still, when I touch my old Lumia 925, I'm reminded the buttons on Lumia 950 Xl are still inferior quality.

Harry Notermans

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
In my opinion the Mozo back cover looks great but the quality of the plastic of the cover itself is bad. I have the black leather back cover. The leather looks and feels nice but the case cracked at the top between the headset jack and the screen. Worse: on the bottom the plastic between the charging port and the screen is completely gone. Thirdly the vol-up/power/vol-down buttons don't attach to the case properly so they feel very mushy.
For this price the quality should be better!
At the moment waiting for a reply from Mozo customer service...

Deth_CrimsonX

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Just got my brown 950xl case. Im less than thrilled. One. Its made in china not finland. 2. The buttons feel a bit stiff to push. 3. The ghostek case doesn't fit with the mozo case on.

I waited for the notebook cover since nov. Never received it so mozo gave me the cover for a lesser price.

Deth_CrimsonX

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
I was 1st ones to preorder the mozo case red leather with gold rim for lumia 950 case arrived before my phone arrived ....thou i was surprised to get a defective case with nfc strip missing....i mailed mozo many times after that they promised me replacement....but 20 days passed I dint hear anything from them....after many many mails they sent me a replacement...the replacement case looked better and quality was improved....mine old one which iam using since 2 weeks now...the gold coating is wearing off at certain places....
Thou leather quality is awesome and the case really transforms your phone to limited edition phone....wireless charging works great...iam really happy with my mozo case...

The case is made in china, hence why it takes forever to get. Also the quality assurance probably isn't that great. Just to let you know ghostek cases dont fit on the leather.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
My brown one looks great and feels great but makes the phone a bit thicker and heavier. I'm one of the weird ones who prefers the all black Lumia 950xl. If mozo had black metal trim it would be better. I use it when I go out socially, the grip on the mozo is way better no doubt. Less likely to slip.

Noahma

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
My brown one looks great and feels great but makes the phone a bit thicker and heavier. I'm one of the weird ones who prefers the all black Lumia 950xl. If mozo had black metal trim it would be better. I use it when I go out socially, the grip on the mozo is way better no doubt. Less likely to slip.

mobilefun has a black leather with black trim

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
In my opinion the Mozo back cover looks great but the quality of the plastic of the cover itself is bad. I have the black leather back cover. The leather looks and feels nice but the case cracked at the top between the headset jack and the screen. Worse: on the bottom the plastic between the charging port and the screen is completely gone. Thirdly the vol-up/power/vol-down buttons don't attach to the case properly so they feel very mushy.
For this price the quality should be better!
At the moment waiting for a reply from Mozo customer service...

The quality of mine is amazing. I think the demand was too high for them and they stepped up production and as a result there's less quality control. I got mine pretty early on. Could also be they swapped to a different producer.

Corwin_Amber1

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
I got a silver/black one on 30st of december. The cover is great, beautiful and grippy, but I have to say, that the quality was not goot. The leather was not cut 100% and the silver coating started rubbing off after 2 weeks. also there were some dents in the silver ring on the edge, as if prior to coating they were a little bounced. It did not bother me, but the rubbed off coating did.
I am taking great care of my mobiles. After a little fussing around and insisting / argumenting, I was able to exchange it with MobileFun for a black/black one (yes, they have them). MobileFun said, they will exchange it after I insisted and after they talked to Mozo. Mozo probably know pretty well and do not want to ruin their reputation.

One edge was pretty bad, another one was starting. All from my pocket, either dress trousers or sporty ones, and most of the day simply sitting on desk, after two weeks:

Mozo_Case_Schaden_rechts_unten.JPG
Mozo_Case_Schaden_rechts_oben.JPG

The black one should arrive shortly and will not be able to loose silver coating ;)

wyabcp

Oct 8, 2015
Visit site
I just got the Black Mozo with Rubber paint, was ?27, so a little cheaper than the others. it's on offer at the moment. I must say, it does improve the grip of the phone, and makes it feel more solid, but even for ?27 it's a bit pricey.
I hope the rubber paint doesn't wear off!, also I would prefer if there was a little more "tackiness" to the cover...all in all , I'm happy ... 'ish

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
mobilefun has a black leather with black trim
do you have a link to this?

I got a silver/black one on 30st of december. The cover is great, beautiful and grippy, but I have to say, that the quality was not goot. The leather was not cut 100% and the silver coating started rubbing off after 2 weeks. also there were some dents in the silver ring on the edge, as if prior to coating they were a little bounced. It did not bother me, but the rubbed off coating did.
I am taking great care of my mobiles. After a little fussing around and insisting / argumenting, I was able to exchange it with MobileFun for a black/black one (yes, they have them). MobileFun said, they will exchange it after I insisted and after they talked to Mozo. Mozo probably know pretty well and do not want to ruin their reputation.

One edge was pretty bad, another one was starting. All from my pocket, either dress trousers or sporty ones, and most of the day simply sitting on desk, after two weeks:

View attachment 122107
View attachment 122108

The black one should arrive shortly and will not be able to loose silver coating ;)

see its exactly this reason I can't justify spending $60 bucks on these... made in china, then it should be like $20 MAX!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077