The update broke my email message count on live tile

lzicc

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
My live tile for Outlook was working until the update. When I get a new email, I don't get the unread message count on the live tile. This worked before the update. I also removed the email account and re-added it, but the message count does not show up on a new email.

I do get the alert sound when I get an email along with a notification, just no count on the live tile.

Joel Earnest

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Over the past week or so, I've had no message count, a count that only grew but never went down, but now it's working perfectly. Can't say why. Must have been a little update somewhere along the line.

zei20t

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
so after getting the .38 update, one of my three email account tiles wont reset. just goes up.

weird. ive followed my own advice. but to no avail. i dont want to remove the account and add it again. but i might if i get bored over the christmas break

Verner

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
I am having the exact same problem on my 950XL. I've removed the tiles numerous times and reset the phone but my Yahoo and POP3 Tiles just continue to increase the count whereas the Hotmail Tile clears when messages are read! It's incredibly annoying.

:-(

920Walker

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I hard reset my 920 yesterday four, 4, count it FOUR times yesterday to first fix an absent calendar notifications problem, which in turn caused multiple live tile and app problems. Why such inconsistency when performing a hard reset? I'm unsure what combination of voodoo fixed the recurring mail live tile problems after the first reset, but all is good enough for now; the native Outlook Mail and all individually pinned mail accounts all update flawlessly, same with the lock screen. Hellz yeah.

kwill

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Having the same problem on my 950 XL. Unread count on tile just keeps going up, even though I've read all messages. It never clears. Just started happening all of a sudden and not sure why. It's a linked inbox with Gmail and outlook.

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
Here, Here...

At first, the individual pinned tiles never updated...just racked up messages. Then after .29 update, everything worked wonderful. Then after .36 update, everything worked wonderfully. Then last night, an outlook mail/calendar update through the store, everything stuck again...WTH!!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss