T-mobile - MMS Pictures are Small

radlink14

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hello All,

I am ready to give up on this phone and return it even though I love some things about it. But this is my last effort to fix this issue reaching out here.

I can send a picture to another phone, and that picture looks great. But when I receive a picture message, it is scaled down. It almost looks like the size of a thumbnail when I receive it so I have to zoom in on every picture to see it.

Does anyone else have this behavior?

I've checked APN MMS settings, I've factory reset the phone and no success.

pvcleave

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Is it possibly that the resolution on the phone is high and the picture being sent is low resolution? I have noticed small pictures on my phone, but I just thought it was that they get scaled down by text, facebook and other apps. It may be the software needs to blow them up and not show them at 100%.

I will have to check the resolution on a couple different phones to see if they all receive the same resolution. I bet they do. The question is should Windows 10 make them full screen.

pvcleave

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I messed up what I was trying to say above, put a little more simply. Are the pictures any different resolution then you would get on another phone? Is it the high resolution and the other phones never scaled the photo to fit the screen or is the software no longer scaling it up to fit the screen?

radlink14

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Correct, when I receive a picture on my LG V10, it looks good. I am aware that pictures are scaled down due to size limits for an MMS but now to this level that I am receiving my pictures on my 950xl.

If I am on Wifi - the picture comes in normal! And looks good.

So I do believe it is a software issue. I've looked through the data settings and celluar settings and even thought it was the font setting since I lower it but nothing has made a difference.

big_tweeties

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
i've got the 950, unlocked dual sim on t-mobile. does anyone have the right settings? only *very few* of received mms come out okay but most are still thumbnail size. the weird thing is that when i zoom in, it isn't as pixelated so i can still see it, albeit very compressed

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786