William Sanderson

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site
Since the last update my phone has at least two times restarted itself without me seeing a reason for it! Don't know if anyone else has experienced this?
There was a firmware update for the 950 and 950XL that was released yesterday and others have said that they had an update come onto their phone...maybe it was that , but can't say for sure.

thijsvt

Dec 24, 2015
Visit site
When i installed this update my USB stopped working with the PC.(Lumia 635)

Made an Insidder post about it but cannot reference to it because i just made this account

The post states the following:
Dear Insiders,

Like many of you two days back I got an update for my Lumia 635 1GB to the new Windows 10 mobile insider stable release. (Slow insider version)

When I updated the device it worked perfectly except for one thing. The USB on the device doesn't work anymore when I connect it to an Windows 7 64Bit Prof machine. In Hardware Management it does not even list a device.
I Tried the following
- Factory reset
- Hardwaremanagement in Windows 7 (Does not detect anything)
- Different USB ports
- Different Cable
- Update from 28 > 36 insider
- Tried to revert with the Windows device recovery tool (Does not detect my device even when I restart it according to instructions
- Contacted Costumer support (Didn't know what to do and send me here)
Do any other people have these issue's and know how to solve them?
Edit:
- Also tried it on an Windows 8 64Bit Prof machine and Windows 10 64bit. Windows cannot identify the device

Does anybody know a fix This device is just 2 months old..

Ssrki

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I had that problems and solved it with windows recovery tool 3.05. Just cinnect it with pc and when wdrt download software make a soft reset when pop up a that info. Reverted my L930 to wp8.1 than updated it and go to win mob 10 build 10586.29. Everything works perfect, even Hey Cortana is present again.

FourT2

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
I used the hotspot last evening with my 950 unlocked running .36 and it worked fine.

Interesting... Mine connects fine, works for about a min, then locks up. No connection to the internet from tethered device. Can't turn it off/on anymore, only reboot of the phone helps. In other words, it works for me, for up to 1 min, once per reboot. I am on TMO and same SIM was used for internet sharing on my 1020 without any issues.

William Sanderson

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site
Interesting... Mine connects fine, works for about a min, then locks up. No connection to the internet from tethered device. Can't turn it off/on anymore, only reboot of the phone helps. In other words, it works for me, for up to 1 min, once per reboot. I am on TMO and same SIM was used for internet sharing on my 1020 without any issues.

I was using it for about 30 minutes without fail until cable came back on. TMO here a well. I would try hard reset and while at it with the WDRT check for FW update.

jeetu4444

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Guys I would suggest most Lumia 950 or 950xl guys not to update to 36 coz it still have many things missing from 29....
For me hey Cortana was not available and living images stop working on very 36...
Sol I decided to revert. Back to older version....soo I opened wart app and it showed me I had an software update... it was around 2.6gb...after hours of downloading and stooping like 20times my phone updated....thou firmware version went up...os went from 36 to 11....
Then I checked if living images was working and it was.... then I checked for update I got very 29....after update to that hey Cortana was back and living images is working also....I happy with my Lumia 950 ....

frank pik

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
on ATT and not even prompted that it exists despite being WP Insider. I really want to in hopes it will fix the battery drain issues among others

thijsvt

Dec 24, 2015
Visit site
MM i will try this. so when i connect the software i do a factory reset when it searching? Then it will install.

Might just work otherwise it will probarly be bricked.

FourT2

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
I was using it for about 30 minutes without fail until cable came back on. TMO here a well. I would try hard reset and while at it with the WDRT check for FW update.

WDRT reported that I have a newer version on my device already. Tried hard reset, both with and without restoring from backup. Same exact results.

jeffchapik

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I've been running this on my daily use 920 since it was released, and other than a few minor glitches, have been happy with it.

But in the past 2 days, things have gone completely to hell. My phone has frozen up numerous times, gotten horribly laggy, apps spontaneous close all by themselves (Cortana, FB beta, Photos, Messaging, very core apps), keyboard won't come up at times, etc. It has bordered on unusable. I've done a soft reset, but no hard reset yet. I haven't installed any new apps.

The only thing I've done differently is that I haven't been as anal about closing out apps completely using the task manager. There's a thread here about suspended apps making more efficient use of RAM. I don't know if this is related or not.

Has anyone else seen theirs start to misbehave after running fine for some weeks? I'll hard reset if it doesn't get better, but that's getting really old.

Dan TheMan86

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
The only thing I've done differently is that I haven't been as anal about closing out apps completely using the task manager. There's a thread here about suspended apps making more efficient use of RAM. I don't know if this is related or not.

Task Manager or Multitasking window?? What Task Manager??

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05