Show More Tiles

brusbrother

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 640 ATT branded unlocked.
I don't see the Show More Tiles under settings/start and theme
Is it somewhere else or do I need Developers Preview or even Windows Insider for W10?
OR are these small tiles (I can create them) that fit 6 across baked in the cake in 8.1 update 2 without asking??

Last edited:

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I think it's probably the latter. The option doesn't exist, as you have seen. I'm guessing that option usually goes for smaller screen devices.

boltman2013

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 640 ATT branded unlocked.
I don't see the Show More Tiles under settings/start and theme
Is it somewhere else or do I need Developers Preview or even Windows Insider for W10?
OR are these small tiles (I can create them) that fit 4 across baked in the cake in 8.1 update 2 without asking??

Settings>Personalization>Start>Show More Tiles (at bottom under transparency)

brusbrother

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
Mines GoPhone they should be the same. I am on 10 but pretty sure that option was there in 8.1.

I actually prefer less tiles so I unchecked the box.
How is Win 10 on the 640 for you? Are you on Windows Insider slow or fast route? Any downside?
I am contemplating the upgrade so as to be able to install android apps (specifically Groove ip lite for free wifi calling).
Have you tried any sideloading of android apps?

Slovenix

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
How is Win 10 on the 640 for you? Are you on Windows Insider slow or fast route? Any downside?
I am contemplating the upgrade so as to be able to install android apps (specifically Groove ip lite for free wifi calling).
Have you tried any sideloading of android apps?
Android apps project is shut
down.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Show more tiles is not an option on the 640 (and some other newer devices w/ 5 inch screens). It can be enabled to show a fourth medium tile only on WM10 and that too after lowering the display scaling.

Slovenix

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
while the project may be shut down, are there valid links for the sideloads?
I keep seeing youtube videos from August.

Since a few builds I was not able to install .apks anymore. Overall experience was not very useful and it did destroy device's performance anyway.

RUCKUS_US

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
I'm on the fast, on the .36 build and it runs really well for the most part. Staying on 8.1 you get a more polished product but being on 10 you get to get the new features and watch the Windows 10 mobile grow and see how much effort is going into this thing. I say give it a shot and if you don't like it then go back down to 8.1

brusbrother

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
I'm on the fast, on the .36 build and it runs really well for the most part. Staying on 8.1 you get a more polished product but being on 10 you get to get the new features and watch the Windows 10 mobile grow and see how much effort is going into this thing. I say give it a shot and if you don't like it then go back down to 8.1

OK then quick question.
I only have one phone so if I want to do a clean install (hard reset) after updating to Win 10, what is the best way of transferring contacts from the 8.1 setup. Some have suggested the hard reset clears up some issues. Did you simply use your MS backup AFTER the hard reset and will that carry over other non-essentials that might conflict or did you even bother with hard reset?

boltman2013

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
OK then quick question.
I only have one phone so if I want to do a clean install (hard reset) after updating to Win 10, what is the best way of transferring contacts from the 8.1 setup. Some have suggested the hard reset clears up some issues. Did you simply use your MS backup AFTER the hard reset and will that carry over other non-essentials that might conflict or did you even bother with hard reset?

I never restore old backup but my contacts all show up after I use Gmail and those get pulled into the People app

krishna T

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
You can use either "Transfer my data" or "contacts+messaging backup. With transfer my data, you can "export to SD card". Similar option is available with the other app as well, along with exporting to a file in phone memory it self (in case there is no SD card) and move it to PC and back.

RUCKUS_US

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
OK then quick question.

I just restored from a backup but I see most people have problems doing that. I just upgraded and it's been working fine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea