Missed call, iris scanner stays on, phone gets hot

telomoyo

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Is anyone else experiencing this after a missed call? I've had my phone get really (uncomfortably) hot in my pocket after missing a call. When I checked, it was my iris scanner staying on right after the missed call, until I press the power button once then again to turn lock screen off. It has done this with every build...00, .11, .29, and now with .36. My wife's 950XL doesn't do this.

Vijay_Anand

May 30, 2015
Visit site
That has happened to me twice so far - yesterday, and today. The 950 got unbearably hot and my skin was smarting for a couple of hours, at least, after I removed the phone from my pocket. I have disabled Windows Hello since and since then, the phone's been cool as a cucumber. And the battery life has been great, too.

garyhartaz

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Yup, that happened to me too. At first I thought it was a visual notification feature but alas, why use a medium powered device such as the scanner to make the alert. Good job Microsoft! :winktongue:

xrs22

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I get the iris scanner trying to look for me when I use the type c charger. Have to leave the screen on and not put it in lock screen.

DeathMoJo

May 24, 2015
Visit site
Does anyone know if this issue has been fixed with the latest firmware and/or OS updates?

Might be too early to really say but since have .63 I have not had this issue. I had it 2-3 times prior to it. Windows Hello also seems just a tad bit faster in recognizing me as well.

Vijay_Anand

May 30, 2015
Visit site
Might be too early to really say but since have .63 I have not had this issue. I had it 2-3 times prior to it. Windows Hello also seems just a tad bit faster in recognizing me as well.

I will hopefully not have to face this problem once my phone gets .63. Appreciate your reply.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers