Wi-Fi calling with AT&T

Josh Harman

Banned
Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone have any news about Wi-Fi calling with AT&T?

I thought I read that AT&T was working on releasing on their network, but then heard that it was already available... but only for iPhone.

Does anyone have any definitive news on when it if it's coming to other phones, including the 950?

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
from what I understand, it's a slow rollout, with the latest iphones being supported so far.

who knows how long it'll take.

soil2oil

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Ok well you call Microsoft mobile customer care and AT+T to find out the answer then.
I've wasted enough of my time on this, had to apologize to the ATT supervisor after the Microsoft rep told me the news.
Where I live ATT recently lost service for over 24 hours for 2nd time in 3 months due to their line into our area being cut. Tens of thousands without service, yet Verizon and others were ok, suddenlink internet was fine,wifi calling would've worked for me.
I called ATT thinking the 950 had wifi calling and accused them of crippling the 950 like they altered 1520's Qi.
Together we spoke with MS to which I was told from the MS rep what I've said already.

soil2oil

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
How would I know?
Did I mention any knowledge of T-Mobile?
You post a question yet seem to have all the answers, so what's the point?
Call ATT yourself if you care so much at this point

Josh Harman

Banned
Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
How would I know?
Did I mention any knowledge of T-Mobile?
You post a question yet seem to have all the answers, so what's the point?
Call ATT yourself if you care so much at this point

I don't know why you're getting so upset and defensive. If you don't know, don't respond, move on.

I'm not calling you a liar or even saying that you're wrong, it's just that I'm not taking the word of any low level rep from either company.

https://m.att.com/shopmobile/wireless/features/wifi-calling.html?referrer=https%3A//t.co/0LHCKVeXmX

Last edited:

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
it's just that I'm not taking the word of any low level rep from either company.

This is so true. Customer service reps have been wrong MANY times..... Those that have dealt with ANY carrier or major company knows this. Unless you managed to get a hold of a software engineer from either company (which you will not get through customer service) then you must take their answer with a grain of salt, and NOT as 100% Fact.

Josh Harman

Banned
Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
This is so true. Customer service reps have been wrong MANY times..... Those that have dealt with ANY carrier or major company knows this. Unless you managed to get a hold of a software engineer from either company (which you will not get through customer service) then you must take their answer with a grain of salt, and NOT as 100% Fact.

Yeah, and the AT&T site only lists iPhone 6 and above as being compatible. Why and when will they expand it is the question.

soil2oil

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
When you talk with supervisors from Esalation/retention of service it's a little different than a sales rep or customer service that will tell you something like "yes ATT will carry the 950xl"
As stated we had a 3rd party call with Microsoft mobile support and that was another Supervisor as well not just first guy to answer.
It's interesting you won't even take the time to find the Microsoft mobile support phone number and call them to find out the answer yourselves, rather go with conspiracy theories.
Best of luck with that

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
well, I don't have to.... i tend to go through business support, which is a bit better. also, call center supervisors are just as useless (not a conspiracy, truth through experience)

escalation/retention's job is to keep you as a customer by any means possible. again, not a viable source of good info.

don't believe me? talk to Lumia 830 owners that have gone though both AT&T and MS about the denim firmware. Different people were given different answers from customer service, retention, business support AND the section that handles BBB complaints.

In the end, it's a wait an see game, as from what I understand, the 950 supports wifi calling, but it's up to AT&T to enable it or not. calling them or arguing on a forum isn't going to accomplish anything.

Josh Harman

Banned
Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
When you talk with supervisors from Esalation/retention of service it's a little different than a sales rep or customer service that will tell you something like "yes ATT will carry the 950xl"
As stated we had a 3rd party call with Microsoft mobile support and that was another Supervisor as well not just first guy to answer.
It's interesting you won't even take the time to find the Microsoft mobile support phone number and call them to find out the answer yourselves, rather go with conspiracy theories.
Best of luck with that

No conspiracy theories here brother. Just experience, and that experience tells me that unless an executive says it or it's a type of press release from an official outlet it's useless information. I've been down this road many times.

In fact, AT&T support just told me via Twitter that they only support iPhone 6 and above for WiFi calling and gave me a link (that I posted earlier) that confirms.

It's a fact that the 950 and 950 XL support Wi-Fi calling. I tend to think it's more of an AT&T problem with those two facts in mind.

At this point, I think the question is when/if they'll expand support to other phones on their network.

jiovine

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
But an ATT MicroCell if you are worried about cell phone signal at the house. I have one works great. Only other option you have as we all wait for ATT to support more devices on WiFi Calling.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Josh Harman

Banned
Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
But an ATT MicroCell if you are worried about cell phone signal at the house. I have one works great. Only other option you have as we all wait for ATT to support more devices on WiFi Calling.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Thanks, how much does a microcell run for?

kurtd

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
IT looks like Wi-Fi calling still isn't an option on ATT with the Lumia 950 even though the device supports it. I was about to move a bunch of lines over to ATT but now I'll wait.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett