Poor image quality in Lumia 640 XL, how can I improve it?

Raz2802

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
Poor image quality in Lumia 640 XL

I've a Lumia 640 XL running on WP 8.1.

This smartphone has an interesting feature in which still images are also stored in the video form, lasting one second; therefore, when you slide thru images you will first see a 1 sec video and then the still image.

But, interestingly, I see a diff. in image quality between the video and the still image. The video has better Colour reproduction and edges of objects are slightly blurred. In the image, the colours become dark, but the objects have more Sharpness.

Is this ok? Can I do something to make the still image have the same colours as the video?

Last edited:

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: Poor image quality in Lumia 640 XL

You have living images turned on. therefore if you take a picture it will take a series of images. I do not know what the algorithm is to show a single image, but I thought it would simply show the last image of the sequence in another app. The images therefore turn out to be different than what you intended to photograph - often blurry or washed because of moving objects or your phone moving.

You should turn this off under camera settings and see if you have a better experience.

cheers

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire