Orders the 830

ep1

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Hey Guy's I just ordered the 830 unlock ATT ver. A couple of questions.
Wii this get me 4GLTE on T Mobile I'm with t mobile, and wifi it update to Demi the official version. Can I transfer my music from iTunes to grove? I don't have a subscription to Ms music will I have to get one. Really want to make this window phone for me.
Thanks

Ian Legarda

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
I can only comment on the first two:

If the phone is unlocked, it will work with T-Mobile.

AT&T versions do work with T-Mobile bands of 4G. However, you won't be able to use T-Mobiles WiFi calling features.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't know how well a transition from iTunes will go, but if you simply copy the music files over it should be fine.

Groove subscription not necessary.

Maccabeus

Nov 26, 2014
Visit site
A year ago, I switched from iOS to an 830. Very happy with the new OS and the phone. For my music, I just went into the music file folder for iTunes and copy and pasted into the WP music folder. There may have been some mild tinkering, but nothing major.
I've considered upgrading early to a 950/xl, but the look, feel, and smoothness of the 830 keeps me from jumping into the (so far) less refined experience of a 950 running W10 (based on the reported issues of early adopters).
Enjoy your 830.

ep1

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I ordered the 830 because the 950 a little to stepp for me at this moment. is there anything in between
still around. and good ?

Maccabeus

Nov 26, 2014
Visit site
Being relatively new to WP, I can't comment much on other models. I briefly picked up a used 1520 as I wanted the large screen size to do double duty as phone and tablet. I enjoyed it very much until the screen cracked and I decided to sell rather than repair. (Note to self: large screen phones may not appreciate the g-forces of The Scream Machine). While I liked the 1520, it is a very different form factor and may not be for everyone.

Personally, I think you'll be quite happy with the L830. Looks great. Dedicated camera button is very nice. My only real complaint about that model in particular was that the Netflix app didn't work for most of the time I've owned it. That has finally been straightened out.

I'd say, use it, enjoy it, and wait to see of the "Surface Phone" unicorn makes an appearance some day.

ep1

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
thanks! the 830 came today just setting it up should I install a backup or start fresh? I forgot how to open multi windows
it seems to running a little hot is that because I'm updating it I hope and not a problem.

Ian Legarda

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
I never install a backup, always a fresh install, but that's just me. I don't notice any heat even on the fast ring. Multi Windows? Do you mean the task manager? Press and hold down the back button.

ep1

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
yes. I think the heat was from charging when I taken it off it didn't seems as hot the battery was low 37% so it needs to charged.

ep1

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
A year ago, I switched from iOS to an 830. Very happy with the new OS and the phone. For my music, I just went into the music file folder for iTunes and copy and pasted into the WP music folder. There may have been some mild tinkering, but nothing major.
I've considered upgrading early to a 950/xl, but the look, feel, and smoothness of the 830 keeps me from jumping into the (so far) less refined experience of a 950 running W10 (based on the reported issues of early adopters).
Enjoy your 830.

were can I find the music folder I have some music that came over when set the phone up but not all.

Old_Mil

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
I just switched over to an unlocked AT&T 830 a week and a half ago. I get LTE in most big cities. Once you get into smaller towns, it is a different story and you might end up with edge where a tmobile band phone would have 4g.

Where I am at the moment there is no Tmobile coverage but it roams to AT&T towers...but even my unlimited plan is restricted to 50mb of data.

Old_Mil

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
More information...turning on the 1700 band on my wife's 1520 gets her 4G in areas my 830 is demoted to edge so that is probably where you will lack coverage.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnwilliam9750