[Solved] 640 LTE screenshot not working on unlocked phone?

owen smith1

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
I have an AT&T 640 Gophone that I have unlocked which seems to be working fine in most respects. The OS is win 8.1 update 2.
Recently I tried to capture a screen photo and found that while pressing the vol up and power buttons that nothing happens. The phone screen eventually changes to the "swipe down to shut off screen.
Photo Albums does not contain a Screenshot folder as well.
I have done a soft reset but still the problem exists.

Could this be caused by my unlocking the phone?

Any ideas how to fix the problem?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: 640 LTE screenshot not working on unlocked phone.

That should never be the cause. The trick is that you have to try to hold them at the same time. If you hold the power too long, it will shut down the phone because it thinks that is what you are doing.

owen smith1

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site

Thanks for the suggestion. Yes. I do press both buttons at the same time but still cant get the camera to click.
Any other suggestions? I am reluctant to do a complete hard reset as I'm not sure how to recover all the backed up data e.g. contacts, favorites etc.

owen smith1

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
Thanks Ruckus.
I guess the answer is still no though it worked once for some strange reason.
Your suggestion of vol down with power didn't work. After that I played around for a few hours changing various settings on everything I thought might help. Tried the regular screenshot routine ,vol up/power and voila it worked. I examined the photo and verified that it copied to the photo/album location, went back to the icon desktop and tried another test of a screenshot on a photo in MSN news. No luck.
Sounds like a software bug or glitch but it worked once so I guess there is hope.
Will continue to experiment with setting changes and see what happens.
Thanks again for your suggestion.
Owen

owen smith1

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
Hi again Ruckus,
screenshot seems to be working again. The secret seems to be that both buttons must be pressed at exactly the same time. For some reason or other timing seems critical.
Thanks again for your encouragement and confirming that the unlocking probably didn't cause the problem.
Owen

RUCKUS_US

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site

Yeah the volume up and power simultaneously!!! My bad for saying volume down. I don't know what the heck I was thinking. Glad we figured this out

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
this is not your issue evidently, but I had taken my sd card out, and it wouldn't take a screenshot. even with settings to save on phone - wouldn't do it. put the sd card back in, and it worked fine. no clue why that was, but found that answer here in the forums, and tried it, and it worked.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb