From the Blog: First Look at Lumia 650 [Leak]

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Last week we had a sneak peak at what is reported to be the upcoming Lumia 650. Leaked render offers a quick look at the upcoming Lumia 650 | Windows Central

lumia-650-leaked.jpg

Some of the spec that is suspected:
  • 5" 720p display
  • 1GB RAM, 8GB internal storage
  • Most reports are saying a Snapdragon 210, but WC sources are saying an SD 410 which is good news for budget phone hunters...
The screen size is an upgrade over Lumia 550 which has 720p on a 4.7" diagonal so a boost to the SoC makes sense as a differentiator...

One more detail in the Blog speculates the Lumia 650 may be unveiled at Mobile World Congress in February 2016.

What do you think of the leak? Sound off below.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
New Windows Central renders... Exclusive renders: the Microsoft Lumia 650 brings metal to the mid-range | Windows Central

Looks sexy, IMHO.

white%2Bwatermarks.gif

Lumia650_Group5.jpg

Check out the Blog for way more renders and a report that Lumia 650 may get an SD 212 SoC!!!

Last edited:

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Sexy design? Yes!
SD 212? NOOOO!
I hope they go for a SD 410 instead.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
If the 650 were to be a Mid-Level, it should get 410 or newer 4xx, 2GB RAM, Pureview, OIS, Camera button, and Qi Charging... I think they are going more for "budget with a premium look" here.

trivishal

May 1, 2015
Visit site
Sexy design? Yes!
SD 212? NOOOO!
I hope they go for a SD 410 instead.
Microsoft should left out Snapdragon 410 or even Snapdragon 412 in dust, and instead go for brand new Snapdragon 415 1.4 Ghz Octa-core processor for Lumia 650, even pricing would be as high as 225$-235$.

trivishal

May 1, 2015
Visit site
Even Lumia 650 would be more pricier around 225$-235$, it should be an worthy upgrade over Lumia 640; Lumia 650 should have Octa-core 1.4 Ghz Snapdragon 415 processor, 16 GB Rom/ 2 GB Ram, Rear Camera with dual led flash, 5 MP front facing camera with Same unit as Lumia 950/XL, front facing stereo speakers, metallic frames and polycarbonate shell in colours( neon green and cyan).
Look at the Micromax Canvas Nitro 4G E455 with 5" HD IPS LCD display with Gorilla glass 3, Octa-core Snapdragon 415 1.4 Ghz processor, 13 MP rear camera with Dual LED Flash, 5 MP front facing camera, 16 GB internal memory and 2 GB Ram, with 2500 MAH battery, all for around 170$. That should be definitely noticed by Microsoft why Microsoft Lumia don't sell well at low and Mid range, because of their low quality, High pricing scheme with OLD SNAPDRAGON PROCESSORS and actually that not competitive with similar Android smartphones.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Lumia 650 needs ONE thing to be a worthy business phone upgrade in my opinion. Continuum. In a business, nothing else will matter. So stick a continuum enabled processor in it, sell it for about ?200 no contract, and we've got ourselves a winner for business.

trivishal

May 1, 2015
Visit site
Lumia 650 needs ONE thing to be a worthy business phone upgrade in my opinion. Continuum. In a business, nothing else will matter. So stick a continuum enabled processor in it, sell it for about ?200 no contract, and we've got ourselves a winner for business.

And continuum is supposed to be only supported by high and Mid range processors like Snapdragon 617, 650, 652, 808, 810 and 820 and that phone won't be as low as ?200. Leave this continuum to Mid and High end Lumias.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
If the 650 were to be a Mid-Level, it should get 410 or newer 4xx, 2GB RAM, Pureview, OIS, Camera button, and Qi Charging... I think they are going more for "budget with a premium look" here.
Yeah, that actually does make sense. However if it's not cheaper than the devices that are using the 410 then this is a flop.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
And continuum is supposed to be only supported by high and Mid range processors like Snapdragon 617, 650, 652, 808, 810 and 820 and that phone won't be as low as ?200. Leave this continuum to Mid and High end Lumias.

So why should a business pick up a Continuum enabled device which is supposed to be awesome for business when you can't get it in the mid range? Do you seriously think businesses are going to shell out ?420 per phone just for Continuum? I don't care what it takes, they need to make it happen. Otherwise they'll stick to Android and iOS. Give them a huge reason to pick up Windows.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
So why should a business pick up a Continuum enabled device which is supposed to be awesome for business when you can't get it in the mid range? Do you seriously think businesses are going to shell out ?420 per phone just for Continuum? I don't care what it takes, they need to make it happen. Otherwise they'll stick to Android and iOS. Give them a huge reason to pick up Windows.
Until a mid-range/budget snapdragon comes out that can output to two displays simultaneously, keep dreaming.

trivishal

May 1, 2015
Visit site

But, for a low end device like Lumia 6** series( If Lumia 650 would be announced with Snapdragon 212, 410 or 412 processor) , the Snapdragon 212 or 410 or 412 processor don't support continuum. Continuum requires newer hardware to support which means newer Snapdragon processors, and Snapdragon processors that are supported by Windows 10 mobile threshold update, the Snapdragon 410, 210, 615 and their variants( Snapdragon 212, 412, 616 and 617), Microsoft has made it clear that these processors are unable to support continuum feature.
Maybe new processors like Snapdragon 415, 425, 430, 650, 652 intended for Low and Mid range Smartphones can support for continuum and Low and Mid range Lumias if came out with these new processors could support continuum, but, any Low and Mid range Lumia to come out with old Snapdragon processors( Viz. Snapdragon 210, 410 and 615 and their variants) just won't be able to support continuum.

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Where is the speaker on the render? I see the slot at the bottom on the back but thought that was to be able to remove the battery cover. If they keep the price the same or close to the same as the 640 I would pick one up. If they improved the main camera over the 640 it would be even better and I would consider paying more. Really that is what holds the 640 back in my opinion. If everything else was the same but it had the 640 XLs camera, it would be perfect for me.

snakebitten

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Continuum is a brand new technology that currently REQUIRES flagship processors. So it just isn't going to be available at entry level priced devices.

But the suggestion for it to be are not wrong. They are just ahead of their time! This is the ever predictable technology timeline. What is flagship today, will trickle down tomorrow.

Can you imagine what the Lumia 640 would have been considered if it came out in say....2006? Do you know how much they could have $charged for it?

It's just a matter of time. Not something the I-must-have-it-right-now culture likes to hear, of course. :)

trivishal

May 1, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, that actually does make sense. However if it's not cheaper than the devices that are using the 410 then this is a flop.

And Microsoft has launched device with Snapdragon 210 processor called Lumia 550 that is priced similar with majority of Android smartphones having Snapdragon 410 processor. And from that speculation can be made that Lumia 650 would come with Snapdragon 410 processor that would be in price range of Android smartphones having Snapdragon 615, 617 processors.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Until a mid-range/budget snapdragon comes out that can output to two displays simultaneously, keep dreaming.

Then expect this phone to flop harder than Sonic '06 in the business sector. Why would I equip my workforce with this phone when it has nothing over the competition when I could pick up a better Android phone which would be even better for my workforce, and would also stop them planning assassination attempts against me. If it has Continuum that's a viable leg up over the competition for enterprise.

But, for a low end device like Lumia 6** series( If Lumia 650 would be announced with Snapdragon 212, 410 or 412 processor) , the Snapdragon 212 or 410 or 412 processor don't support continuum. Continuum requires newer hardware to support which means newer Snapdragon processors, and Snapdragon processors that are supported by Windows 10 mobile threshold update, the Snapdragon 410, 210, 615 and their variants( Snapdragon 212, 412, 616 and 617), Microsoft has made it clear that these processors are unable to support continuum feature.
Maybe new processors like Snapdragon 415, 425, 430, 650, 652 intended for Low and Mid range Smartphones can support for continuum and Low and Mid range Lumias if came out with these new processors could support continuum, but, any Low and Mid range Lumia to come out with old Snapdragon processors( Viz. Snapdragon 210, 410 and 615 and their variants) just won't be able to support continuum.

Then stick an 808/810 in it if you have to. Cut corners elsewhere, but keep it in the ?200 range and able to use Continuum. With the amount that Enterprise would buy (heck perhaps offer this price to eligible businesses only) Microsoft would still turn a decent profit.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Many Enterprise applications do not require the docked aspects of Continuum... Remember that Continuum is more than just the phone <> PC transformation as it embraces UWP and cross device consistency.

Field service techs, retail associates, administrative assistants and many other job classes make few presentations in the field away from the office's equipment, but the synchronization of services and universal UI across form factors benefits productivity.

Continuum | Windows Central

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos