Lumia 650 Rumored Specs+ Features

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hungry for news of the preported Lumia 650 that seems to be coming in Q1 of 2016? Leaked render offers a quick look at the upcoming Lumia 650 | Windows Central

Let's pool what we know in this thread...

Here is the first leaked render (in black):

lumia-650-leak-00_story.jpg

There seems to be issue with this render. The shadowing is off from a Microsoft in-house render style. This render surfaced on October 21, 2015 at WinBeta stating it is a render of 'Saana' and then going on to state it is the Lumia 650 due to the time on the phone in the render (a known Nokia/Microsoft clue to identity).

Here is a more recent render (in white):

lumia-650-leaked.jpg

This render surfaced on Baidu December 16, 2015 and is much fresher. It really differentiates itself from the previous leak in several ways. The metal edging for one, which matches the design language seen for leaks of the canceled 'Honjo' Lumia 850.

Fresh renders from Windows Central including this glamor shot in 360? rotation...

white%2Bwatermarks.gif

In the article on Windows Central about the canceled 850, Daniel Rubino also talks about the 'Saana' 650:
The new design language is interesting. As I have personally seen some internal documents regarding the final branding I can say it looks a lot like the 'Honjo' device including:
  • Flat chrome band around the top and sides
  • White and black variants including white or black for bezels
  • Glossy in the front (glass covered); matte backs
So this latest white render looks more promising to be in line with reality.

Here is what we appear to be looking at for an upcoming Lumia 650. (Note that I have assembled what is IMHO most probable from the specs I've looked at over a variety of sources):
  1. The device is almost certainly in the pipeline for a Q1, 2016 reveal with actual production release to follow
  2. Windows 10 Mobile (what else?)
  3. A 'new' design language that carries over from Lumia 925/930/830 with a metal band running around the sides
  4. Flat chrome band around the top and sides
  5. White and black variants including white or black for bezels
  6. Glossy in the front (glass covered); matte backs
  7. A long Volume Rocker and a standard placement and size Power Button
  8. No dedicated Camera Button
  9. 5" AMOLED display with 720p resolution (720 x 1280)
  10. Qualcomm Snapdragon 212 SoC which "features a quad-core ARM Cortex A7 CPU with a 1.3 GHz CPU, Adreno 304 GPU, and support for X5 LTE and 1080p Full HD video playback"
  11. 1GB RAM
  12. 8GB internal storage
  13. 5MP front-facing camera; 8MP rear (likely, newer camera design) with LED flash
  14. No wireless charging
  15. Front Speaker Grill

Going off on my own, here is what I would expect based on recent trends.

• LTE across all variants at cat4 speeds (150mbps down/50mbps up)
  • Single and Dual SIM variants
  • ClearBlack
  • microSD card slot in SDXC compatibility
  • NO Pureview, NO OIS
  • NFC
  • Ambient light sensor, Accelerometer, Proximity sensor, Magnetometer, SensorCore
  • [FONT=wf_segoe-ui]Double-tap to wake, Glance screen, Lumia Color and Brightness Profiles, Sensitive Touch[/FONT]
  • [FONT=wf_segoe-ui]USB - C Dual Role[/FONT]
  • A battery in the neighborhood of 2500 - 2600 mAH

All of the above may just be speculation, but I've tried to amass what info is out there and add reasonable assumptions to it.

What do you think? What other information have you found out there on the internet? How do you see this device shaping up?

Last edited:

snakebitten

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Nice package, in my opinion. A worthy successor to the amazing value-equation 640. And if the renders are anywhere accurate, it will be a nicer initial impression when we hand them out with our corporate universal app(s).

(All of our development has been done, up to this point, using the 640 for the test bed. And so many of the folks have seen them laying around here and there. It will be cool to actually surprise them with a more business looking device when we deploy)

trivishal

May 1, 2015
Visit site
Microsoft Mobile just won't use latest Snapdragon processors in Low End and Mid Range Lumias, and I don't think it would ever make good looking, well specifications, latest processors equipped Lumias, that is worth and justifiable for the price.
Either low specifications, good looking high priced Lumias (eg. Lumia 830) ; Or high specifications, cheap looking Lumias (eg. Lumia 950) ; Or low specifications, downgraded, cheap looking, high priced Lumias (eg. Lumia 550)

Last edited:

Mr. MacPhisto

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
Re: some lumia 650 specs

Read this on Technobuffalo today-
5 inch screen
Snapdragon 210
2000mah battery
1gig ram
8mp rear camera
2mp front camera
There site are calling these midrange specs
So what does that make the Alcatel fierce with 2gig ram 5.5 inch screen and 2500mah battery?
Microsoft Lumia 650 gets FCC approval as new photo leaks

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

I'd trust Windows Central over TechnoBuffalo on the Snapdragon 212. I also doubt the 2000mah battery. The 550 has a 2100mah battery, so I expect the 650 to be higher than that, especially since the phone is larger. 2500-2600mah sounds about right.

dakken

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Thats the thing though,it looks like Technobuffalo is just reporting the findings from the FCC.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Why are they putting the SD 210 in these phones? How are they going to compare with the phones running the SD 400 as far as battery and handling apps?

And look at the 650 vs the Alcatel fierce xl isn't the Alcatel the better spec phone?

Sent from mTalk

trivishal

May 1, 2015
Visit site
Why are they putting the SD 210 in these phones? How are they going to compare with the phones running the SD 400 as far as battery and handling apps?

And look at the 650 vs the Alcatel fierce xl isn't the Alcatel the better spec phone?

Sent from mTalk

What was basically Snapdragon 400 processors for 630, 635, 730, 735, 830, 640, 640XL, this Snapdragon 210 processor is going to be same for Lumia 550 and 650, as per leaks. Another Snapdragon 400 type story. Perhaps, Microsoft deal with Qualcomm to finish Snapdragon 210 and 212 processors because nowadays even the most low priced Android smartphones use Snapdragon 410.
And, for CPU PERFORMANCE and GPU,the Snapdragon 210/212 are similar and a little worse than Snapdragon 400 respectively, only advantage with Snapdragon 210/212 having in-built LTE support and support for Bluetooth 4.1/ Bluetooth Low Energy(BLE) support.
Comparing Leaked Lumia 650 and announced Alcatel Fierce XL, at the moment, Alcatel Fierce XL is definitely the better specced smartphone.

Furt

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
What was basically Snapdragon 400 processors for 630, 635, 730, 735, 830, 640, 640XL, this Snapdragon 210 processor is going to be same for Lumia 550 and 650, as per leaks. Another Snapdragon 400 type story. Perhaps, Microsoft deal with Qualcomm to finish Snapdragon 210 and 212 processors because nowadays even the most low priced Android smartphones use Snapdragon 410.
And, for CPU PERFORMANCE and GPU,the Snapdragon 210/212 are similar and a little worse than Snapdragon 400 respectively, only advantage with Snapdragon 210/212 having in-built LTE support and support for Bluetooth 4.1/ Bluetooth Low Energy(BLE) support.
Comparing Leaked Lumia 650 and announced Alcatel Fierce XL, at the moment, Alcatel Fierce XL is definitely the better specced smartphone.

I was afraid of that. I have W10M on my 640 and after seeing the new the the 650 is using the 210, I'm seeing zero reasons to upgrade.

mewcatchew

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
Anyone check out the Bush Eluma? Just released in the UK: Same specs as the 650 but with 2 GB of RAM, 16 GB storage and only 79$ (British currency). At least that's what I seeing doing a search on specs. What's to stop someone in the states from ordering one instead of buying an overpriced 650? Just sayin...

Last edited:

ScrubbyXD

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
The 210 would be fine with a 2000 MAH battery. Having owned a BLU win HD I can tell you the phone will work fine as is and should be at least break even for Microsoft. The 400 needs the extra battery as would a 410. However, NO the performance is NOT similar. The 210 will be adequate for the job, no more.

The 640 remains the value king of Lumias.

Cabo Blue

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Can anyone share what the front glass is gong to be?
I seem to read online a lot that Gorilla Glass is preferred often.
Thoughts.
Thx

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon