950XL has no double-tap wake feature?

anon(8977867)

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
The double-tap feature isn’t actually an in-box Windows feature – it’s something added on top by the OEM. Since it’s not in by default my guess is it wont be coming...At least aby time soon.

Jakoh

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
All i wanted was the next gen 1520 and what we got was the POS 950 XL.

With the 950 XL, all i see is cost savings, specs didnt buy them the fan boys like they had hoped, did they?

M$ needs to stop trying to battle android on HW and IOS on SW. Just do your own thing.

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Nope, it wasn't planned at all. Microsoft might reconsider if there's a lot of feedback.

When I look to my 950 lacking double tap to wake and FM radio, I'm starting to think it's a glorified 640 :/

Halfempty_dg

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
My 950 XL doesn't have it on Windows 10 (10586.36) but my Lumia 920 has it in the same build (10586.36). I'm guessing it should be coming at some point.

I'm going to look for the feed and upvote it in the meanwhile.

i've seen the same thing. Works fine on my L920. Unfortunately, this tells me it's hardware related, and may never come for the 950 series

jlzimmerman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Double tap to wake is a favorite of mine. I'll most likely skip on picking up the 950 or the XL it doesn't come, unless I win it from the WC give-away :)

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Nope, it wasn't planned at all. Microsoft might reconsider if there's a lot of feedback.

When I look to my 950 lacking double tap to wake and FM radio, I'm starting to think it's a glorified 640 :/

Probably just a feature that wasn't ready by the time the phone shipped.

I expect it to make an appearance later.

i've seen the same thing. Works fine on my L920. Unfortunately, this tells me it's hardware related, and may never come for the 950 series

Rubino continues to think that it's coming at a later point in time. And we have no reason to believe otherwise...

pjhenry1216

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone noticed on the 950XL (maybe on the 950 as well) that if you double tap the navigation bar at the bottom in a blank area, it turns the screen off? i can't find any option to turn it off and its kind of annoying if i go to press the back button more than once really quickly in that if i miss the back button, it just turns my screen off. i know this is the exact opposite thing of what people want, but i'm trying to find out if anyone knows how to turn it off.

Edit: I'm an *****. I post this and then almost immediately find the setting under "Lock Screen" options. My bad everybody. In any case, you'd think if you can have double tap to sleep, you should be able to do double tap to wake.

Rupert Holmes

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
I have, but like complaining about the circles in the people app, as did many others, during the preview, it has done little. Did not know to complain about Double tap as I did not think the cheap little 635 could support "Double." They did not change the circles, and have not brought "Double" to the 950s. I was stunned that double tap did not work, disappointed to lose "Here", infuriated that I lost Visual Voice mail. It is like getting a new super car, without headlights. You just expect the standard features. So I voted, sent the XL back. Just keep using my 8.1 1020. Looking more like an Android future.

signal-2-noise

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Doesn't make sense since they did add double-tap-to-sleep. I want double-tap-to-wake working on the Glance screen or if display is off to go directly to the Lock screen. Pressing the power button is a pain on the XL and I have a feeling the button will eventually give out due to too many presses. I have already posted the request on Windows Feedback as well as up voting the other requests there.

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Doesn't make sense since they did add double-tap-to-sleep. I want double-tap-to-wake working on the Glance screen or if display is off to go directly to the Lock screen. Pressing the power button is a pain on the XL and I have a feeling the button will eventually give out due to too many presses. I have already posted the request on Windows Feedback as well as up voting the other requests there.

You are right the New Button Design is a Pain... I don't get there Point here... 1520 was Bigger and Normal Button Layout worked fine!
Double Tab would be a great Solution for the Button Layout Problem...

peter leung 10586

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
the keys arrangement is good. you will love it if you have adapted it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs