New WP10 user w/ some questions!

Jaime Salas

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site
Afternoon all,

Ok I got a few question because I have been doing a lot of reading and just don't know which direction to go.

My new 950 XL UNLOCKED should here either by today or tomorrow. I am just unclear of a few things, and I am hoping to get some clarification. First and foremost I am X-Android user, have been since the first android phone. I wanted a change, and so I decided to go with the WP10 950XL Model.
Here is why I am lost...

1) Why is there two SIM Slots in the 950 XL? What is the purpose?

2) Does the 950 XL Support both GSM and CDMA?

3) If the 950 XL supports both network, which service provider support the 950 XL the best?

4) I have read a lot of the different problems users have been having, and coming from Android who had all those same problems when they first started. Is there a post out there that gives info on what a new WP10 user should do to help making the 950XL phone run better?

Thanks again in advance.

New WP10 user.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
1. You must've gotten the dual-SIM model. In many areas, having two SIM slots is a perk in that one can have two phone numbers (e.g. business + personal), use different carriers or plans (save money, esp. in India IIRC) and otherwise be flexible, like if you were going overseas and can stick a local prepaid SIM in there instead of paying out of the behind for roaming.

2. No CDMA. Most unlocked phones except the Nexus 6 and iPhones are GSM only.

3. Depends on you. (assuming US) Some people like T-Mo's deals but AT&T has superior coverage outside of urban areas. I personally would recommend looking into prepaid services like Straight Talk.

Jaime Salas

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site
Thank you for the info, that does clarify some info, but why Straight Talk over AT&T which is what i was looking at. What are the benefits?

206Husky

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
I switched over to Cricket when I got my 950 XL. The main benefit is price, and you still get the backing of a strong network (AT&T network in case of Cricket)

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for the info, that does clarify some info, but why Straight Talk over AT&T which is what i was looking at. What are the benefits?

Straight Talk uses either T-Mo's or ATT's towers (so get an ATT SIM)

I'm recommending it because the $45/month for unlimited talk/text/data is still a force to be reckoned with.

But the downside is that you'll need to configure the APN settings manually, although its a one or two time occurrence.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro