Microsoft's Kevorkian Support of Windows Phone

mmcpher

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
It's like we're being punished for persisting in wanting a Windows Phone. It feels like Microsoft resents me for having interest in a Lumia legacy product, instead of focusing exclusively on the Most Favored Surface line of products and vapor-products (and I have nothing against the Surface - I own a Surface Pro, a Surface Pro 3 and have bought a new Surface 4 Keyboard and Stylus). The 950's were always going to be in short supply, and its greatly exacerbated by the utter paucity of quality accessories. Even for announced accessories, like the Qi charging DT-904, or the Mozo covers, there's like an information blackout among Microsoft Store reps. And if you were sap enough to sign up and pay up early to get a 950 or 950 XL and were entitled to the Continuum, you have to wait for months before they get around to sending you the thing. So those that bought early won't get the optimal experience with the new handsets, until who knows when. Makes no sense. I checked the box and became eligible for the Continuum, but I had no idea the "savings" would be set-off by a ridiculous delay while other Continuum units sit unsold. It's not enough to read all the gloomy, preemptive obituaries for Windows Phone in the Tech Press. Microsoft itself treats its Phones like orphan devices, lame ducks, while we wait for the if-come of a fabled "Surface Phone", which will presumably have the real support of Panos and the CEO, instead of the stealth scuttling/ malignant neglect of their own devices. If they would instead support the 950's, they'll have saps like me all the more ready to pony up the additional cash for the Surface Phones, if ever they see the light of day.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa