Lumia 950XL Wifi not working, how can I fix it?

Didy_950XL

Dec 22, 2015
Visit site
Lumia 950XL Wifi not working

Hello,

I got my new Lumia 950XL and it was grate for first 7 days, then without any obvious reason it starts to makes problem with WiFi. It will not start WiFi connection at all and if I try to switch it on it says "Can't do this at the moment, try again in little while......".

Yesterday I managed to fix it by soft reset, but this morning after one update it starts again, and is not getting better even after 5 soft resets. I see on internet that hard reset will fix it but I don't want to do it for two reasons:
1) I don't have time to set all thing up again
2) I am not sure that it will happen again in two weeks

I also see that all threads with same problems don't have new entries so I hope that there maybe some permanent fix that I am not aware of.

I don't understand why this is happening? Is it hardwear or softwear related?

Edit:
Problem is still present. I feel that phone gets slightly hot like it do something in the background. I don't feel that when problem is not present.
This is really annoying and if for anything I will change my phone because of that!!

Last edited:

Vagner Tavares Jr

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
Good Day!

My phone wont stop rebooting even after i have waited the battery to drain and plug?d in on its charger. Plus before that started to get warm and a bit slow. (Had the phone more or less 3 weeks)

I was trying to schedule a service repair order on the MSFT web site but i can?t get passed the option "Which selection best describes your problem?" It gives me and error below as "There are no Offers associated with the problem type selected." independently of what option i choose ou write in the description box.

I wonder if someone can give me some tips on how to best proceed.

Thank you!

Vagner Tavares Jr

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
Re: Lumia 950XL Wifi not working

Good Day!

My phone wont stop rebooting even after i have waited the battery to drain and plug?d in on its charger. Plus before that started to get warm and a bit slow. (Had the phone more or less 3 weeks)

I was trying to schedule a service repair order on the MSFT web site but i can?t get passed the option "Which selection best describes your problem?" It gives me and error below as "There are no Offers associated with the problem type selected." independently of what option i choose ou write in the description box.

I wonder if someone can give me some tips on how to best proceed.

Thank you!

Didy_950XL

Dec 22, 2015
Visit site

At work I have router TP Link 740N and I noticed that whenever my phone tries to connect to it, my WiFi on phone stops working and I have to soft reboot phone to make it work again.

What do you think, is it possible that my router somehow breaks my phone (Wifi adapter???). And should return my phone for repair?

Andreas Lagos

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site

I'm experiencing a similar issue as of two days ago from using my phone as a mobile hotspot. Whenever I try to turn on the WiFi I get the same error and actually cannot even turn in the mobile hotspot. It's odd

Mr Hyde

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site

Hello,

I got my new Lumia 950XL and it was grate for first 7 days, then without any obvious reason it starts to makes problem with WiFi. It will not start WiFi connection at all and if I try to switch it on it says "Can't do this at the moment, try again in little while......".

Yesterday I managed to fix it by soft reset, but this morning after one update it starts again, and is not getting better even after 5 soft resets. I see on internet that hard reset will fix it but I don't want to do it for two reasons:
1) I don't have time to set all thing up again
2) I am not sure that it will happen again in two weeks

I also see that all threads with same problems don't have new entries so I hope that there maybe some permanent fix that I am not aware of.

I don't understand why this is happening? Is it hardwear or softwear related?

Edit:
Problem is still present. I feel that phone gets slightly hot like it do something in the background. I don't feel that when problem is not present.
This is really annoying and if for anything I will change my phone because of that!!

Are you using a production build or are you on the insider program? I understand you don't want to do a hard reset but you may need to do that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo