Which countries have received the Lumia 950 or 950xl or 550?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Besides the US, which other countries have officially received the new lumia 950, 950 xl and 550? Just comment below with your country, price tag and models

And if you know there was an insider event for the lumia 950/950xl, please also indicate below

Thank you

Edit: I'm adding the countries to this post so others don't repeat

North America: USA, Canada, Trinidad and Tobago
South America: Mexico
Europe: UK, Ireland, Finland, Slovenia, Portugal, Spain
Asia: Phillipines, India, Vietnam, Japan, Malaysia
Africa - Kenya
Australiasia : Australia

Last edited:

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Philippines, now available in the official "Nokia" store.
950 - ~US$700
950XL - ~US$790

Was able to try and explore one of their stock units (they didn't have a demo unit yet), but somehow it didn't have a "wow" factor contrary to my initial expectations. But this isn't a review thread. :wink:

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
950 - ~US$700
950XL - ~US$790

Was able to try and explore one of their stock units (they didn't have a demo unit yet), but somehow it didn't have a "wow" factor contrary to my initial expectations. But this isn't a review thread. :wink:

Thanks for the quick reply and I'm pleasantly surprised that your country has it.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the quick reply and I'm pleasantly surprised that your country has it.

Yeah, the market isn't big and we're not exactly near the U.S. Regardless, the stores initially told me that it was going to be available towards the end of the month, so seeing them a week earlier than that was somehow a surprise. Still, I'm waiting for the next 10xx series phone.

nomadph

Dec 22, 2015
Visit site
950 - ~US$700
950XL - ~US$790

Got one XL from Mega this past Sunday. Other than the crappy 3rd party app development support and the flimsy back cover that creeks after it got pretty warm the past few days, I really like the device. I think the latest update fixed the heat issue but can't be positive since the OTA was only a couple of hours ago.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Got one XL from Mega this past Sunday. Other than the crappy 3rd party app development support and the flimsy back cover that creeks after it got pretty warm the past few days, I really like the device. I think the latest update fixed the heat issue but can't be positive since the OTA was only a couple of hours ago.

I had the same impressions - the creaking wasn't at all appealing. The liquid cooling technology should help keep the processor warm, but that may not keep the battery as cold as it normally should since it's the battery that usually gets hot.

Let us know what you observe a few more hours later, and welcome to Windows Central.

nomadph

Dec 22, 2015
Visit site
I had the same impressions - the creaking wasn't at all appealing. The liquid cooling technology should help keep the processor warm, but that may not keep the battery as cold as it normally should since it's the battery that usually gets hot.

Let us know what you observe a few more hours later, and welcome to Windows Central.

I've had the device plugged in since my last post. It usually gets really warm by this time but it's the same as when I plugged it in. I don't game so someone will have to test it on a my resource intensive game. Thanks for the welcome

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
So North America- US
Central America - Mexico
South Asia - Philippines
Europe - UK and Spain

Any other countries? I wonder when Kenya will get to see them

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Slovenia, EU
Simobil carrier with a contract for 24 months:
950XL single SIM 570€
950 single SIM 480€

Telemach carrier with a contract for 24 months:
950XL single SIM 699€
950 single SIM 599€

I just found a first dual SIM 950XL in a smaller store for 699€. That is way too much. I will wait for a couple of months and then buy it for a few hundred € less.

There are no Microsoft events here, unfortunatelly, not even a store. There is only an office in the capital, and i have no idea what exacly are they doing there haha. Maybe tech support.

Hna

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
PORTUGAL, EU

950 Unlocked - 499€
950 XL Dual Sim Unlocked - 599€
550 Unlocked - 129€

Prices aren't Microsoft prices since we have no Microsoft stores here.
I believe we have the lowest prices in Europe for these phones.

Last edited:

Martin Zone

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
PORTUGAL, EU

950 Unlocked - 499?
950 XL Dual Sim Unlocked - 599?
550 Unlocked - 129?

Prices aren't Microsoft prices since we have no Microsoft stores here.
I believe we have the lowest prices in Europe for these phones.

Open box phones?
Are there any other online stores apart from fnac.pt ?

Martin Zone

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
It's strange they are cheaper 100 EUR than anywhere in EU. You got the free dock?
Maybe they are imported from USA so no warranty valid in EU?

Hna

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
It's strange they are cheaper 100 EUR than anywhere in EU. You got the free dock?
Maybe they are imported from USA so no warranty valid in EU?

I got the free dock.
It took 3 days to get it.

And about the warranty I just checked the IMEI on Microsoft's Website and it says the warranty is valid for Portugal so not imported.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes