Bizzare - Why do I have random PC Screenshots Showing up on camera roll (NOT connected to PC)?

debuke

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Bizzare - Random PC Screenshots Showing up on camera roll (NOT connected to PC)

Microsoft Lumia 950
AT&T
Windows 10 Mobile
OS build: 10.0.10586.29
Firmware: 01078.00017.15454.29031
Hardware: 2.1.3.2

This is rather crazy and at first I thought I was the one that was crazy. I had been cleaning them up but now I'm keeping them because people think I'm nuts.

I work in an office that encrypts connected devices, so my phone is NEVER connected to my PC. I plug in to a wall charger. I do NOT get on to my company's network because it's my personal phone.

So my phone and my work PC are not related in anyway. Yet, for some crazy reason, perfect screenshots of my workstation show up on my camera roll randomly. It's been a week since it happened, but it just happened again. I was doing some online training and one of the screns from my training session showed up on my camera. By perfect, I mean: it's like I took a screenshot, there are no borders around the screen, so it's not an accidental shot from the camera (which I didn't have anywhere near the screen at my time of training). And to make it even more strange: I have multiple monitors (2 or 3) and sometimes it's a photo of both them (if I was using 2)!!!

I'm baffled and my coworkers are laughing at me cause they either think the phone is possessed or I'm going crazy.

It's really hard to search for things like this, all I get is "new lumia 950 screenshots" when I look for this online: hence the post.

:angry: :unhappy: :unhappysweat: :cry:

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
re:

Well that's a bit disturbing...

Have you checked your OneDrive account to see if they're stored there as well? My first guess is that your PC and Lumia 950 are both connected to the same OneDrive account. The screenshots are being auto uploaded from your work PC to your OneDrive and then they are showing up in your Lumia's camera roll.

debuke

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
re:

*whew* we all put our heads together: YES: it was onedrive... must be a new feature for onedrive... save screenshots too my onedrive... DISABLED...

thx for the reply!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss