My Lumia 520 died during downgrade to 8.1 from WP 10 Technical Preview, how can I get it working?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

My Lumia 520 Died during downgrade to 8.1 from WP 10 Technical Preview

Hello,

I updated my Lumia 520 to Windows 10 mobile yesterday. But due to continuous lag I decided to roll back to Wp8.1 using Windows phone recovery tool. It as usual downloaded 1.5Gb software and then started installing it on my device(Phone display turned red and there was installation progress bar). But after 6% installation "Error came on pc software written failed or something like that. Usb disconnected." Though i dont remember the exact words,but it meant this only. So i again started the installation an it started again from fresh. But same thing happened after 3% it again failed. And i again tried restarting the process but now my phone is dead completely. Recovery tool isnt able to discover my phone

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Re: My Lumia 520 Died during downgrade to 8.1 from WP 10 Technical Preview

Hello,

I updated my Lumia 520 to Windows 10 mobile yesterday. But due to continuous lag I decided to roll back to Wp8.1 using Windows phone recovery tool. It as usual downloaded 1.5Gb software and then started installing it on my device(Phone display turned red and there was installation progress bar). But after 6% installation "Error came on pc software written failed or something like that. Usb disconnected." Though i dont remember the exact words,but it meant this only. So i again started the installation an it started again from fresh. But same thing happened after 3% it again failed. And i again tried restarting the process but now my phone is dead completely. Recovery tool isnt able to discover my phone

Have you tried turning it on without it connected to the usb. Sometimes when this happens the old software/OS is still installed on it ie Wp10 as the flash wasn't applied as there was an error.

If you can get it on you can press the power vol down button together to soft reset.... Plug phone in and try flash again.

Try plugging in your phone charger and see does the vibrate/power on function happens if this does then the phone still lives and try flash again.

Make sure the battery is charged, its an obvious one I know but you would be surprised how many people have forgotten to charge the phone beforehand.

Take out the battery, press the power button for 30 seconds (battery out) to discharge remaining power in phone, connect battery power on and try flash again.

Try these steps and see do they work.

?ire

Abhishek Y S

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
Re: My Lumia 520 Died during downgrade to 8.1 from WP 10 Technical Preview

Hi!!! Tried navifirm and nokia care suite to update!!!
If not try these steps
1)Download navifirm 3.2+ version (freeware)
2)Remove your battery and write downall the information (product code, RM-model) in a sheet!!!
3)Download nokia care suite latest version (above 5.xx
4)Open navifirm and put ur product code(probably like O5S1N6) and enter.
5)Ur phone model is shown and press download (1.5gb file size, unlike Microsoft recovery tools,this file is saved in a definite path)
6) Now install nokia care suite(250Mb , remove any other recovery sofware installations done before to avoid conflict)
7)Important - Now open C drive> program data> Nokia > Packages> create a folder called Product> create another subfolder RM-91x (x- check list to see the value may be 4 or 5)
8) Paste the downloaded files to folder RM-91x
9)Open nokia care suite> Multiple software update>(Ur phone may be visible here) Press Flash
10) Takes 15 minutes to flash and its done!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa