SMS'ing my Lumia 950 contacts through Windows 10?

TLRtheory

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
While my combo of a Core i5 MacBook Pro, iPhone 5 and iPad Air just aren't capable enough to be my dailies, the marriage between them all through iMessage is simply wonderful. I can see incoming texts on any of those devices at any time and respond to them too instead of it always being done through my phone.

Seeing Skype finally merged with messaging on my Surface and Lumia is great, but I'm not quite understanding how to get them all to work in tandem. Is it to a point in which I can just send an SMS on my Surface, and how do I set that all up? I thought I'd seen something of a tutorial on how to do it on Windows Central sometime, but I've been looking for about a half hour to no avail.

EDIT: This... this right here. I see these pictures in every discussion, but can't figure out how it's set up.
94499d1421978091-w10_pc_messaging_16x9_en-us_012115.jpg

That is the dream.

jayramphone

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
After switching from Apple products back to Microsoft, this is the one thing I miss.
The integration of SMS, calls and instant messaging is great on OSX/iOS. Hopefully W10 will get to a similar capability.

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
U can tell Cortana on pc to send a text to the contact u want and it will send a sms to their phone

Sent from mTalk

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
You can't do it right now, unless your PC is running W10, in which case you can ask Cortana to send a message.

BUT. If you have a PC running W10 (Insider or not), run the Messaging modern app. You'll see only your Skype conversations. If you enter a single letter in the search box though... you'll see plenty of your *SMS* (not Skype only). Clicking on a message will crash the app.

On RS1 (W10 PC Insider fast ring build), the search box works quite well (can look for words, which doesn't work with W10 "retail", Fall update).

So it's obvious MS are bringing the SMS to the Messages app and not only Cortana.

In the meanwhile, SMS restore is also partly broken, probably because of their change of architecture.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa