Wireless charging not working with Incipio NGP Case

SirMatt

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I have an L950 with an Incipio NGP case, and the old Nokia DT-910 charging stand. I can only get the wireless charging to work if I remove the NGP case.

Is anyone else out there using the NGP case, and have Qi wireless charging working? If so, could you please tell me which make/model of charger you're using?

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
it's not that the case is stopping charging, the coils aren't lining up. i have the NGP on my 950 and 2 dt-901 (1 regular, 1 "fat boy") and both charge the 950.

SirMatt

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I don't think it has anything to do with alignment. It works fine without the case, but with the case on and in the exact same position it won't charge.

Thanks for confirming that the dt-901 charger works with the 950+NGP case. Hopefully this bodes well for the dt-904.

Any others using NGP case and a Qi charger?

Jeebus137

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I tried it out last night. With the case on, wireless charging does not work on my Nokia car dock (CR-200), but also the charging is intermittent without the case on for me (thinking about trading it in as it worked on my last 950, though the headphone jack did not work on that one...). It does work with the case on on the JBL PowerUp speaker. It does not work with the Nokia wireless charging stand with the case on. It does work with the case on for the DT-903 charging plate, but for some reason I can no longer pair the device. Hope this helps!

SirMatt

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
That's actually very helpful, thank you. You've confirmed what I'm seeing, that L950+NGP won't charge in the charging stand. Also that it will charge on the DT-903 plate. This also suggests that the DT-904 will be my best solution, since it's basically the DT-903 with a larger charging area for bigger smartphones.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs