I need to read something good about the L950XL... please?

nokia4life

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Um, I beg to differ a lot of sites aren't even mentioning the 950 and 950XL and this is just a few I'm using as an example.

and everything I mentioned is a fact!!!!

Top 10 Smartphones of 2016 | Top Ten Reviews
Best Smartphones 2016 - Top-Rated Phones on the Market
The 10 Best Smartphones of 2015 | PCMag.com

Again you are privy to your opinion but I stated top sites first off Toms and whatever the random top smartphone site in the first link are do not matter pc mag maybe they are known more for pc then mobile reviews. The top sites like pocketnow, the verge, endgadget, technobuffalo, CNET, Windows central, phonedog, and some others all gave it decent reviews device wise what they all had in common was janky software and with the Newest news from Microsoft themselves we know this is true. I was very specific in saying visit well trafficked sites not Google cell phone reviews and click on the links down down down on page three

TennisGuy45

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Um, I beg to differ a lot of sites aren't even mentioning the 950 and 950XL and this is just a few I'm using as an example.

and everything I mentioned is a fact!!!!

Best Smartphones 2016 - Top-Rated Phones on the Market
The 10 Best Smartphones of 2015 | PCMag.com

Lets see every single link you posted was published On or before November 23 2015.

How could we expect to see the 950/xl on the list when it was not even available yet? LOL

Try harder.

QOAM

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
So many people scramble to be one of the first to buy the latest phone - why then do they complain when they find that not all the issues have been resolved. I think, if they want a problem free phone, they should wait several months before buying a new model until all or most issues have been corrected with updates etc .. Other wise, stop whining and complaining and enjoy being one of the lucky first ...

mdefran65

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
Lets see every single link you posted was published On or before November 23 2015.

How could we expect to see the 950/xl on the list when it was not even available yet? LOL

Try harder.

look again sir. "Top 10 Smartphones of 2016 I emphasize 2016. the media had the opportunity to use these models in Nov. Just because it wasn't out in the US yet doesn't mean it wasn't out yet.

You try harder!

So your saying the media is not generally Bias against Windows Phone really!

snakebitten

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
The 950 and 950(XL) came out where first?
Now I'm bummed! When I walked out of the mall (and I HATE the mall) with my 950XL on the day BEFORE Thanksgiving, I actually thought I had in my hand one of the very first 950(XL)'s released in the whole wide world.

November the 25th, 2015
1 month and 10 days ago.
And why does it feel like these phones have been out for MONTHS? :)
In fact, some folks post things like "now that the 950 has been out for a few months........."
Or "Microsoft has had MONTHS to fix these issues with the 950............"

We are an entertaining species.

TennisGuy45

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
look again sir. "Top 10 Smartphones of 2016 I emphasize 2016. the media had the opportunity to use these models in Nov. Just because it wasn't out in the US yet doesn't mean it wasn't out yet.

You try harder!

So your saying the media is not generally Bias against Windows Phone really!

Did you even bother reading any of these articles????

Direct quote from the first one:
Windows Mobile, recently rebranded by Microsoft from Windows Phone, is the odd platform out. The OS is about to see some extreme revamping thanks to the impending release of Windows 10, and once that happens, it could well be a serious contender in the market. Until that time comes, however, Windows Mobile isn't as functional or reliable as Android or iOS. It takes more time and taps to do anything on a Windows Mobile device, and its app marketplace is dreadfully underwhelming.

Second article direct quote:
You may notice that some hot upcoming phones aren't in this chart. We're still waiting to review the new Nexus 5X and 6P from Google, and Microsoft will finally announce some high-end Windows Phones later this fall. We'll add those phones as we review them, if their quality warrants.

So by their own words they did not have the phones to test because the refer to "impending release" and "later this fall" meaning they have not used it yet.
Just because the title has "2016" in it does not mean they looked at all phones.

Reading comprehension is your friend.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
so far I have had my 950XL for a week and I'm VERY happy with it. I was scared to buy one because of all the problems others were having and reporting but I really liked the size of the phone and style so I bit the bullet and got it! boy am I glad I did! and here's why

1) battery is amazing on this thing as I was so worried about this because of all the complaints others were posting, BUT my L950 XL lasts a day and a half between charging and I have been using it a lot lately (more than my L1520 when I used it) just to give you an example I took it of the wireless charger (love this!) yesterday at around 9:30am and played bejeweled for an hour then checked all my emails made some calls and surfed the net and then connected to my JBL BT speakers and listened to some music while taking a shower (streaming 80's rock on slacker radio LOL) and got dressed and ready for the day and then made some more calls and then hooked up my phone via continuum wirelessly to my TV and then worked on a word document with BT mouse and KB (just for fun to see how continuum works) and then after which started cleaning the house listening to slacker radio again on my JBL BT speakers and then went out to see a client for a computer repair and then got home and did a whole bunch of things nobody is interested in and then today did a bunch of other things with my 950XL and now its only at 50% !!!! to me that just amazing battery time!!! I'm sure I wont have to put it on the charger till midnight and I'm positive I will still have like 20-25% left on the battery!!

2) another cool thing that happened today is I missed a phone call and I didn't know (didn't check my phone) so I fired up my SP3 and low and behold I get a pop up on the side saying I missed a call from such N such number! I was like... what? no way! kool!

3) I LUV LUV LUV having wireless charging! I placed the wireless charger UNDER my glass end table beside my couch via 2 sided tape and it still charges my phone NO PROBLEMS I did the same thing in my bedroom too and that to me is really really cool factor!

4) phone is the perfect size I find, and I thought it would bother me since I was coming from the L1520 and luved the size of the big screen, but the screen is beautiful (after setting the screen to vivid) and very sharp and colorful! very very pretty screen!

5) fast! this phone is super fast and playing games on here is such a joy! the phone doesn't heat up too much while gaming and doing intensive stuff on it at all.

all in all the experience of owning this phone is such a joy! can't wait to see more updates and what MS has in store for this awesome phone!

snakebitten

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Nice review Beman39!
Just curious.....What country, where did you buy it, and what OS build and firmware do you have?

I too have a really nice performing 950XL. But I suspect that I'm blessed to have a "good one".

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
Nice review Beman39!
Just curious.....What country, where did you buy it, and what OS build and firmware do you have?

I too have a really nice performing 950XL. But I suspect that I'm blessed to have a "good one".

I bought it in Michigan (or GF rather) and I'm on OS .36 and have firmware .29005

cracgor

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Did you even bother reading any of these articles????

Direct quote from the first one:

Second article direct quote:

So by their own words they did not have the phones to test because the refer to "impending release" and "later this fall" meaning they have not used it yet.
Just because the title has "2016" in it does not mean they looked at all phones.

Reading comprehension is your friend.

The business award video is just weird. For one no one has associated Blackberry with business for nearly a decade. In my mind the top phones for business, games, photos, etc would just be comparing 950xl/950, iPhone6s/+, Nexus6x/p, and Galaxy/Note every time with specialty phones thrown in for different things...like G4/V10 for photos. Anyway, continuum may be enough to make windows phone win a business award regardless, but that just makes it the Cuba Gooding Jr of cell phones ;-)

apple_iJUNK

Banned
Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
I LOVE mine. Its AWESOME. do NOT believe ANYTHING negative you read. If you have a MS retail store near you, just go there and play with one for a while(1, 2, 3 ..........hours without a hassle), then YOU be the judge of it YOURSELF. I can tell you this, iPhone can eat its dust in just about everything it offers(actually iPhonie does not even come close to anything competition offers, its about 4+ years behind). I have compared it with all the top phones at 2016 CES convention in Vegas, and in many ways it superior to many. The only other phones that can come close to it, It the Sony Xperia Z5 Premium 4K waterproof phone, LG V10, Samsung S6 edge. even these awesome phones do NOT offer Continuum, dual SIM slots. Liquid cooling CPU, or USB-C, RGB flash, ......... all you have to do it Compare the """""SPECS"""" and see what you are getting. Everyone at CES was impressed with My 950XL, when i told them what it offers and go over its """SPECS""". I also showed them its camera/photos, and people were in WOWs. This phone its incredible and works fantastic. that's all i can tell you. Just spend quality time with one and see for YOURSELF.

Also FYI, I took so many 4K videos at tons of photos at CES, with my screen set at super high brightness, with transferring many photos to my sons phone, and text messaging pretty much all day long and the battery lasted form 7am till 7:15 pm when i got home from the show. As soon as i see replacement battery available for sale for my XL, i'll buy one and carry it in my pocket, JUST IN CASE, if i should ever need one(i haven't yet). I hope this helps.

Bahamen

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I have gotten my 950XL DS for a few days now, having upgraded from the 1020/930 before this. The main reason for me getting this phone was for the camera. Coming from the 808/1020, I felt that the 930's image quality didn't quite cut it - good, but didn't quite blow me away the way the 808/1020 did. I haven't had too much opportunities taking pictures with my 950XL, but from the few samples (hopefully I will get around to sharing them later), my initial impression is this: the 950's camera is very good, definitely much better than the 930 especially in low light. I am also quite impressed with the level of details that it is able to capture in good lighting. I don't want to comment too much on this until I get a chance to try it more, but so far I'm happy, and it seems the image quality is closer to the 1020 than it is to 930.

Other than camera - no major problems with the phone. Despite initial apprehension, I find myself quite liking Windows 10 Mobile (over WP 8.1) - the notification/action center, keyboard with pointer/voice, cleaner settings, much better mail / calendar app, store are some of the highlights. Edge is promising, but definitely needs more work. I wish there is double-tap to wake, hope they enable this in future - for now it is compensated by that lovely glance background with color.

The only serious problem for me, so far, is that it took me many tries to install the MICROSOFTMDG update as it got stuck at 0%. The other issue was the creaky case at bottom corner. Apparently this is a common problem which I found the sound quite unsettling initially but somehow I have come to tolerate/ignore it. Hopefully I can find a new case (Mozo?) that will not have this problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs