Update for Lumia 950/950 XL: 01078.00027.15506.020xx

William Sanderson

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site
There has been several announcements regarding individuals getting this FW update.
Maybe we will be getting it soon.
One of the reports speaks of the FW update greatly increasing battery life.
Can't wait :cool:

YKinase

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Still nothing. Microsoft have done a terrible job communicating the rollout.

Lumia 950 dual SIM unlocked, AT&T, US, insider on .36. Terrible battery life and daily restarts.

William Sanderson

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site
Still nothing. Microsoft have done a terrible job communicating the rollout.

Lumia 950 dual SIM unlocked, AT&T, US, insider on .36. Terrible battery life and daily restarts.

One of the other forum threads suggests that if you are running skype video, to log out and shut the app down and that improves the battery life?

YKinase

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
One of the other forum threads suggests that if you are running skype video, to log out and shut the app down and that improves the battery life?

Thanks. I just made sure it's not linked. I skipped that step at last setup, after a hard reset to get out of the .0 OS build. I've enabled/disabled Hey Cortana, Windows Hello and Glance. None have a significant impact on battery life. I've disabled edge in the background. I've just read that turning off any apps that run in the background that call web ads might be running (maybe showing as Edge usage?).

Appreciate the suggestions. I'm not giving up yet and hopefully whatever is holding up this firmware will be resolved soon. Assuming it helps...

swanlee

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Yep still waiting here with an ATT phone in the USA. I remember my 920 from ATT never did get the last WP 8.1 update so tired of waiting. If MS do have control they need to say why it has not hit if they don't they need to explain why we are in the same boat with delayed firmware again.

William Sanderson

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site
Thanks. I just made sure it's not linked. I skipped that step at last setup, after a hard reset to get out of the .0 OS build. I've enabled/disabled Hey Cortana, Windows Hello and Glance. None have a significant impact on battery life. I've disabled edge in the background. I've just read that turning off any apps that run in the background that call web ads might be running (maybe showing as Edge usage?).

Appreciate the suggestions. I'm not giving up yet and hopefully whatever is holding up this firmware will be resolved soon. Assuming it helps...

And you know, that you should not need to do that to get better battery life. I'm confused.
I wonder if it's got a hardware issue?
Grasping at straws here, sorry man.

Jopl

May 21, 2013
Visit site
i can confirm that I HAVE NOT received the update yet. I check one to two times per day. I happily await the days where it doesn't take 7 second between pictures, and videos are shot without getting blurry half way through. I hope this update fixes the battery BS as well as the bluetooth phone freezes.

MirthRock

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
I still have not received it either. Has anybody checked the Windows Device Recovery Tool to see if it is available on there? I'm sick of waiting and will gladly wipe my phone if need be.

PeteSL

Jan 5, 2016
Visit site
If I were a betting man, I would bet that Microsoft is going to do a combined release of the next OS build with the firmware so there is only one reboot for the month. They are also probably encouraged by AT&T and other carriers to not be rebooting phones with multi-gigabyte updates multiple times per month.

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
If I were a betting man, I would bet that Microsoft is going to do a combined release of the next OS build with the firmware so there is only one reboot for the month. They are also probably encouraged by AT&T and other carriers to not be rebooting phones with multi-gigabyte updates multiple times per month.

that sounds like a possibility. the "average consumer" (in the US) would normally get a phone through a carrier, and as such, would quickly return said device if it was to "reboot and update" multiple times a month since they expect everything to be flawless from day 1.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss